Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pi Beta Phi

So I'm a Pi Phi - PC 07' Ya, we are the best :) And lately I feel like I have taken Pi Phi for granted. I know my whole heart hasn't been in it, and I'm sorry to say that I was starting to think I didn't want to be apart of it anymore. But I went to Founder's Day today, and it reminded me of why I joined in the first place. Seeing all the cute little old ladies get up and talk about how special it was to them, even after all those years, really touched me. I started saying Pi Phi wasn't giving anything back, and honestly that's not true. It has showed me that I can be an independent person, and I am a great girl!! I was always the shy girl in high school, and Pi Phi has really helped me get out of my shell. One of the things I am most thankful for, is the friendships I have made within my chapter. These girls are so amazing, and I love them all. I have made some really close friends and I don't know what I would do without them. They have been there for me so much, and I know we will be friends forever. Pi Phi has also helped me keep my grades good. School is important, and that's why I'm in college in the first place. Pi Phi has made being in college a better experience. I'm not just a number at the University of Utah. People actually say hi and know me! If I hadn't joined Pi Phi I wouldn't have had these connections with everyone. Our house has had some trouble, but we owe it to the founders, the alumni, and us to make this house what it should be!! So Pi Phi... I love you, and thank you.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. perfectly worded :) p.s. you're one of the most amazing sisters a girl could ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you are so sweet. You make me smile. I love you Hippy.

    ReplyDelete