Friday, October 22, 2010

The Silver Lining



.::THE SILVER LINING::.
"Every cloud has a silver lining."
I have always tried to find the "silver lining," in my everyday life. Some days are definitely harder than others. But that's a part of life right? I think using optimism in your everyday life can really make a difference though. For example, it's a lot healthier to forgive others and move on. Holding grudges can be a really unhealthy act that can only do you harm. I think that through life you'll always have the good with the bad. A good friend of me told me at a bad time in my life that, "with every negative comes the positives." I really find that statement to be true. You can always turn something around, it honestly doesn't matter the situation. My best friend really is such an amazing person. She has helped me through so much. Even now we are hanging out and watching movies together... and well, today was a really bad day for me; you know one of those days where every little thing goes wrong, that's how it's been. But the moment she walked through my sliding door I felt at ease. Like a great weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Someone who has been there for me through the good and the bad, she truly is amazing. In life I think we need to find our silver lining -- wherever or whatever that might be. That's what helps you keep pushing on when times get rough. There is always that light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what situation finds us. I'm thankful that I have found my silver lining in life -- my family & my friends. Thank you, this post is to you.
Shout out: I love you Mar-bear. Thanks for being my "silver lining." You are amazing and incredible and you lighten my darkest of days. I don't know what I would do without you. I'm glad I'll never have to find out. I'm excited for our future, because we'll always have each other to share it with. Thanks for being the best friend a girl could ask for. xo.

8 comments:

  1. I can't explain how much you mean to me Runty. It makes me so happy to be able to be a positive influence in your life, just like you are in mine. I know there are some times lately when I should've turned to you and I am sorry I didn't, but just knowing you have my back has helped me make it through. There are some things in life we have to go through alone, but the only reason we make it through them alone is knowing we don't actually have to be. You've always been there, through the petty heartbreaks, and the true ones, through the unmanageable problems and the heartbreaking let downs. But like you said, there is silver lining in all of it. Our friendship has been one huge silver lining to life. You and I are supposed to be friends, it's one of things that was meant to happen. You are such an amazing person, friend, daughter, sister, cousin. Every persons life you touch is better because of it. I love you so much Runty!! Even in the darkest days, you and me will find the silver lining with the help of each other :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. Thanks for this comment :) Means a lot seriously. And I agree that sometimes we need to do things on our own, but just knowing that you don't have to do it alone makes all the difference!! I'll always be there for you; with the good and the bad. That's the reason we are friends and I think that God knew that when we first met in 7th grade. Ever since then we've been on this path, this journey and I've been so thankful for it. It has really shaped the person I have become. You made me independent and it helped me realize the person I could be and who am supposed to be. I'm not supposed to hide behind the curtain, I am who I am -- shy or not. This is the only life we get, and I for one want to make the best of it. I just read the part in BDB when Mary found out she had come to the end. She was praying to God for the first time in her life and said all she wanted was to live, she wanted more time to enjoy everything around her. That she wouldn't take it for granted, Rhage or anything else in her life ever again. Honestly that's where I am at right now. We don't know when it will end... but after seeing Greg go through what he has, I know that I am a strong person who can make it through anything. But it helps having those loved ones by your side, on your side. I don't want to take my life for granted anymore. I'm going to keep staying positive like you've been and keep moving on; move forward.

    I love you. Thank you for every minute of our friendship, even the fights! Because honestly it made us that much stronger. Thanks for all the smiles, and the laughs -- that's what truly get's me through all this hard stuff. xo. Runty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, what a great post!, I'm following you now! Come follow me back and let's keep in touch!! :)

    www.justcherishtoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely let's keep in touch!! I'm following you now too. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been through what seemed likely crappy situations to have them turn into what were life changing miracles. You really have to look through the bad to find the good, but when you do, it's all worth it.

    What a beautiful post.

    Your newest follower - Chastity - http://myraysofsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly. In the end it makes you such a strong person -- it's where you end up. I really think that's why we go through the hard times; to become the people we are supposed to be. I know going through a hardship that I am much stronger and independent than I used to be. I have a different outlook on life, especially the saying, "You never know what you have until you lose it." Never take things for granted.. I wouldn't be thinking that not if I hadn't gone through this experience.

    Anyways thanks for the comment :) :) Appreciate it.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post :) What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!! x

    www.stephsstoryemporium.co.uk

    ReplyDelete