Monday, October 11, 2010

Suffering...

Why do people have to suffer?
I look all around me and lately everyone is in pain.
What if you were the cause to one person's pain?
What if you could only sit there and watch someone you love die slowly?
What if you could only hold your best friend's hand when the pain takes her breath away?
What if you were the one drowning?
This has been my life lately.
I'm not sure how you can take the suffering away.
I know people say wake up and move forward.
But sometimes you hit a wall.. and you can't move anywhere anymore.
I feel stuck.
Suffocating.
I just want to reach the surface and be able to breath fully once again.
I want to wake up and feel truly happy about the day.
I want to feel thankful for my blessings again.
I want to hear my mother laugh once more.
I want to know that my best friend and her family are going to be okay.
I want a friend to be who she was with me and come back to a friendship that meant the world.
I want a father's pain to go away.. one way or another. And set him free.
I want.. yes, I just want.
Suffering please go away.
God you've given me more than I can handle.
I am strong.
I am brave.
I am independent.
I am compassionate.
But even I have my limits.
And now I'm there.
I'm already there.
Have been there for a long long time.
Suffering please go away.

6 comments:

  1. I hope things get better for you soon! Keep praying and hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had to answer to even one of those questions you asked. This made me cry, it made me cry because I feel the same way, I feel the same hurt. We are in polar opposite situations but both feel such unbearable suffering I don't know what to do sometimes. I want you to know that I will be the best friend holding your hand when the pain takes your breath away, I'm the best friend praying that you and your family will be ok.... just like you are the best friend that is doing that for me. I love you, always have and always will. You and me will make it through everything with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. We will because we have each other. I realized the other day how much your friendship means to me and my life. You are the one friend I was destined to meet and I'm thankful for that. No matter what you will be my best friend even when I'm old and wrinkly. We will start new adventures together and make it through the hardships and the barriers. I know we can make it through these things, because we have one another. I love you. And you're right, I would do that all for you and much much more. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me forever best friend. We'll be old wrinkly cat ladies one day, and I wouldn't change that for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional

    ReplyDelete