Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Happy Thanksgiving :) I hope everyone has a wonderful day of brilliant food, family, and fun!! I know I will.

As you can see my lovely picture -- I'm a big Snoopy fan!! I think he is so cute. I have a beagle and wanted to name him Snoopy... but my little brother named him Sport instead. He fits it well though. But if I ever get a puppy & kitty I'm naming them: Snoopy & Woodstock! Ha. Seriously though, just watching the Macy's Day parade (something I watch every single year) and so far my favorite float was Snoopy!! I love that parade! That's when I wish I could be in New York City; that city is so lively and fun! I don't know if I could ever live there though.

Last night I was watching TV and all of the old classic Disney Movies were one; two of my favorites in fact: Aladdin & Beauty and the Beast. If only they had played The Little Mermaind my night would've been complete!! It was great though, brings back so many wonderful memories. There is also a show on the Animal Planet called I Shouldn't Be Alive... I have no idea why, but I'm addicted to that show! It's amazing and intense all in one. These people are in the most surreal life threatening situations; yet they survive. They make it. I must say I cry every single time I watch it -- because after that they don't take their lives for granted because they were given a second chance.

That's how I feel this holiday season. My family has been going through a really big hard-ship, and for the first time in my life I'm truly recognizing how blessed and grateful I am to have them in my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. My step-dad is so amazing, and having him come into my life has really been the light in me and my mother's life. It breaks my heart he's having such a hard time and that he might not be around next holiday season, but I cannot look at it like that this year. We are here in the NOW, all together, and that's what I need to focus on.

Here are some other things I am truly thankful for:

1. Amazing. Big Fat Greek family
2. Friends you are always there for me, no matter what.
3. The opportunity to be able to go to College & for almost being at graduation's door.
4. My pets that make me smile: Lucky, Sam, Sport. And RIP Buddy... I miss you so much. You too Tash.
5. Have to say it, all my material items... I have a lot of great things.
6. My home/homes.
7. Pi Beta Phi
8. Authors, because I love books way too much!
9. My creativity & ability to write.
10. Children, because they are so interesting and wonderful. (Can't wait to teach one day - soon).
11. My ability to still have a huge open heart, even though it's been broken quite a few times.
12. Good memories.
13. Blogger :) And being able to express myself through words.
14. Music.
15. My good health.
16. The opportunity to learn from all my mistakes.
17. The strength I have within that I didn't know I had.
18. Oregon - it's so beautiful there, and I cannot wait to move there someday.
19. My mom: the most amazing person I have ever known.
20. Laughing so hard you cry, Living live to the fullest, and Loving with your whole heart.

Take a minute to write down all you have to be thankful for; truly opens your eyes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

xo.

2 comments:

  1. "Sport" is a great name for a beagle!

    Nice list you made. Nice words about your stepdad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thank you :) Appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete