This past week was definitely a hard one to get through. I feel like the past couple of months have definitely been a rollercoaster. Somedays are normal, others fantastic, and the rest not so great. I felt lost this past week and I felt like my direction in life was veering off course for a while. BUT I got through it, and honestly yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time because of a few factors:
1) I made a goal, and stuck to it even though outside influences were making it difficult. I didn't give in.
2) Surrounded myself around the people who make me feel whole.
3) I was forgiven for some past mistakes that I was really worried about.
4) My inspiration and dreams came crashing back into my life all over again.
5) I felt strong.
6) Being around family made me open my eyes; making me realize that you need to move forward, go after the things you want to do in life, and accomplish them.
7) Celebrated my Great Aunt's 90th birthday. I want to be like her. She's one of those people who has touched so many other's lives around her for 90 years. Her life was celebrated yesterday. I just hope one day I can have that success and look back with no regrets.
Yesterday made me realize that even though we have "hiccups" along the way; you can still move forward and be strong throughout it even if it seems beyond impossible. I also realized that I need to ease up on myself a lot more. I am my toughest critic, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I could've gone about things a lot differently and wouldn't have suffered in the ways I had this week. I need to come to agreement that things happen in life, but it isn't the end of the world no matter how bad it might seem at that moment. Especially when you mess up, you are going to thing the world's coming to an end; other people aren't always thinking about it. And I need to STOP worrying so much about what other's thing. This is my life, and I'm the leading lady of it -- Holiday :) So here is to making this week full of laughter, fun, and spent in the company of loved ones.
Life is beautiful; it should be explored and lived to the fullest.
Anyways... there's my ranting and raving for the day.
PS: I must say that the one thing that wasn't great yesterday was the football game. The Utes played HORRIBLY. I don't even understand what happened. Quite embarrassing though; but I'll always be a Ute fan even when I move far far away.