Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Laugh A Little

Laughter: is an audible expression of happiness, or an inward feeling of joy. It may ensue from hearing a joke, being tickled, or other stimuli. It is in most cases a very pleasant sensation.



Why does it bring so much joy to our lives??



"Laughter is sometimes seen as contagious, and the laughter of one person can itself provoke laughter from others as a positive feedback." - I completely agree with this statement. Laughter is definitely contagious.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I was laughing so hard that I started crying. I honestly think it is the best feeling in the world.


I have some really good friends, and every time I'm around these girls they make me laugh so hard. We made this random video yesterday... not sure if it will work or not - it's on facebook but here is the link. I think you need to be logged in. Anyways, it's just the most random stuff ever, like where do they come up with this stuff? We got on the topic of Santa Claus... and a mixture of Harry Potter brought out the English accents.. I don't know weird but it's so hilarious.

I thought this was really interesting about laughter; Laughter researcher Robert R. Provine said:"Laughter is a mechanism everyone has; laughter is part of universal human vocabulary. There are thousands of languages, hundreds of thousands of dialects, but everyone speaks laughter in pretty much the same way.” Everyone can laugh. Babies have the ability to laugh before they ever speak. Children who are born blind and deaf still retain the ability to laugh. It's actually healthy to laugh too! So go laugh!!



At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Laughter is an instant vacation. ~Milton Berle

So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter. ~Gordon W. Allport

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. ~Victor Borge

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. ~Yiddish Proverb

Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on. ~Bob Newhart

There can never be enough said of the virtues, dangers, the power of a shared laugh. ~Françoise Sagan

A man isn't poor if he can still laugh. ~Raymond Hitchcock

I just wanted to change my blog post for the day. I feel good today... happier! I wanted to share that a little bit with everyone. I think by letting yourself laugh, even at the little things, you're allowing yourself to feel that joy and happiness... even if it only lasts for a minute. It's worth it.

xo.

PS: One more video from Florence, Oregon! We were feeding birds outside our hotel window, it was so funny. Felt like I was in a circus. Good for a laugh.

8 comments:

  1. babies laughing! What a cute picture!

    Did you know you can't laugh and be angry at the same time? Once you laugh the sensation takes over the anger centers of your brain and you can't go back to a same intensity of that same anger. Try it, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise - I know so cute huh?? Definitely will give that a try! Thanks for the comment. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a joke that made me laugh, so I'll share it with you in honor of your post!!

    Why did Suzie fall off the swing?

    Because she had no arms! Hahaha!!

    Okay, so maybe writing it out isn't as funny as I initially thought, but I'm still giggling about it... Maybe I'm just morbid or something.

    I think I just ruined your cute and inspirational post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bi - You didn't ruin it at all!! It made me smile. The little jokes are the best :) xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one!! It definitely made me smile!!

    A new follower of yours!!!
    Thanks for the comment on 20SB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughter is such a great medicine! And I agree, completely contagious.

    Have you seen these YouTube videos? Cracked me up ^_^
    http://myprettypinkpearl.blogspot.com/2009/07/laughter.html

    The second baby, especially (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I forgot: @Denise: I love how you know the physiology behind laughter. You sound like my kind of person!! :D

    ReplyDelete