Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Little Things

I must say; this week was a good one. Mostly I did stuff for my sorority ΠΒΦ, and every minute was worth it. I'm graduating this Spring and this is my last year in Pi Beta Phi. I'm not sad about it though because I realized that in college I have done all I needed to do, accomplish, etc. I am not always happy with the past and my actions, but I am thankful for all the experiences; the good and the bad. It put me where I am today and I am much stronger for it. College seriously has been amazing and even though I'm ready to move forward and to bigger and better things; I will look back and smile. For me going to the U of U was 100% times better than my high school experience. I write this a lot, but I was way too shy and quiet in high school. There were so many opportunities I could've taken, but in the end didn't. I do regret that. But I definitely have made up for it in college. I wasn't the typical "sorority girl," but I did it to meet new girls. What I got out of the experience was better than I could ever explain: life-long friends, opportunities to better myself and my future, community service & other Philanthropies, and had some of the best memories of my life. It was always the little things that counted. Last night I was with the pledge class 08' and we honestly had so much fun. But it wasn't anything huge or "out there." We mostly sat around the dining room table that we sit around so often and just talked and talked some more and reminisced about everything. I was laughing so hard I was crying; especially when we pranked called some of our favorite frat guys! So hilarious. Then four of us slept in the "nest" -- that's when we push the two big couches together and it makes this huge nest looking bed. I got about 20 minutes of sleep and had to wake up at 6 am; but I'll remember that night forever. We kept laughing & laughing about the most crazy things; like I said, it was the little things.

I think people need to make memories... and realize that it is the little things in life that count. They bring smiles, laughter, make friendships and memories. I'm so thankful for my friends and family. :) It also goes in a bigger direction as well; the little things can mean a lot to people. By going out and helping other's is not only selfless, but it helps bring light to those less fortunate. How could that experience not make you feel amazing?? That's why I love community service so much. By helping making a difference in someone else's life, it makes living honestly worth while.

Anyways, I'm exhausted and even though I had plans to go out tonight; sitting home and reading/watching movies on this gloomy day sounds amazing. Enjoy your Saturday && thanks for listening to the ranting.

xo.

3 comments:

  1. I was shy in high school as well. My sorority really helped me come out of my shell, and when I moved home after college people I went to high school with could barely believe that I was the same person. Some negative things happened with my sorority during senior year that often overshadow the good memories I have, and your posts like this help to remind me of the fun times that I forget about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is definitely the little things in life :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, this is my senior year in my sorority; definitely have had some negative situations. But the other night I took a ride down memory lane.. it's nice to go back.

    ReplyDelete