Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Majestic Aftermath


Well I must say that overall Snowmageddon 2010 Blizzard was a let-down; nothing the Utahns haven't seen. It was actually a baby snow storm compared to others. Just amusing to me because it had so much "hype" built up about it. But I cannot complain at all; the University of Utah was shut down yesterday because of it, and today my teacher canceled class even though the campus was open today. Talk about winning the jackpot (too bad I stayed up till 2 am finishing a project for my class today though). Oh well, least I won't have to worry about stupid homework over the Thanksgiving holiday.


Today has snowed quite frequently actually, but nothing too bad. I took some pictures of the "aftermath" of the storm. I must say the word that came to mind when I saw out my window was, majestic. Take a look:





I must say Utah's Rocky Mountains really are truly amazing. The sun is out right now and is shining beautifully on the snow and valley. This is when I love living in Utah.


I like the word MAJESTIC though. I watched the Bucket List last night and I must say I love that movie so much. It makes me want to create my own list of my own. Have to admit that I cry every time I watch this movie though, especially at, "Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world," and ,"witness something truly majestic."


We can't take life for granted; that's what I have learned this past year... because you never know when it all could end. I wouldn't want to know when I die, but you shouldn't sit around and wait for good things to happen either. I think sometimes you need to move full speed ahead and make things happen; can't leave it all up to fate. So in a few posts I am definitely going to start writing my own personal bucket list :) Just don't have the time to do it right now.

Yay, Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I can hear my mom cooking right now. I love Thanksgiving, there is always so much good food... I'm always so full after though that I can't even move off the couch. I have family coming into town from Cali also; cannot wait to see everyone!! I love the holidays, it always brings everyone under the same roof, no matter where you are from. I get to have two Thanksgivings too. Guess that's the plus side of having your parents be divorced :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

xoxo.

(PS: I learned how to make it so this cute handwritten font says my name after every post!! I am pretty excited about it actually haha. Look how cute the bumble-bee is :) )

9 comments:

  1. Life is definitely something you can’t take too seriously overall, but I think you have to take its moments serious, individually. If that makes sense lol. The following is my favorite quote...

    "Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride!""

    Make that bucket list girl! You'd be surprised the stuff you come up with that is achievable and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie, and your photos are quite lovely.

    I don't know what I'll do when it starts to snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan - That quote was awesome!!!! I love it! It's so true though. I don't want to have any regrets looking back! I definitely am going to make a bucket list :)

    Denise - Thanks for your comments as always :) Thank you; the snow was quite beautiful. Too bad it's sooo cold outside!!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty pics Jess! I am responding to that last message you sent me tonight-I am sorry I've taken so long to respond again! I'll try to send a link to my FB in it so we can become friends on there too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey love!!! Don't even worry about taking a lot time to respond. It's honestly whenever you have time ya know?? Life gets busy. That would be awesome to be FB friends :) Your last post was so cute. Loved your Napa pics! Always have wanted to go there.

    Have a fantastic Thanksgiving & weekend yourself.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love that movie. I want to try to live life like that right now and not wait until the last minute to realize all of my crazy dreams. Great post! And lucky you, living where there's snow and decent weather. We're still in the midst of crazy temperature changes down here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jas- Thanks for the comment :) Ha well the cold temperatures aren't very fun; but it's really sunny & snowy today... quite beautiful if you ask me. Let's go after our dreams!!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love going to Utah to ski!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoJo- I know great snow!!!!! xo.

    ReplyDelete