Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snowmageddon


Lovely. Just lovely.
Well that's that... Utah is supposed to have a HUGE snow storm later today. It's said on the news that ir'a supposed to be the worst storm we've had in over 10 years, 10 years. Oh boy. Definitely mixed emotions about this. That's pretty scary! I know people have to get places, and what if the power goes out! I have homework to turn in online. BUT the good news is that my night class that I dislike a lot; has been canceled tonight!! My classes are never canceled :) I don't think any of them have since I've been in college. But tonight they are! I hope my class in the morning is too. That just helped me out sooooooo much. I now have so much time to finish my two huge projects that are due tonight and tomorrow! Wahoo. It's funny that I laid awake half the night worrying about upcoming things that are headed my way; whether it's finals at school, Graduation requirements met before spring, preparing for the upcoming Holidays, personal things that have made life not so easy these last few months, etc. It was like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. So even though the idea of the worst snow storm coming our way...... I'm still happy because I can finally breathe. It's so crazy though; this weekend I was watching home videos, and it showed when I was in 3rd grade, and it was the worst storm to hit SLC... I was playing in the back yard and I basically sunk all the way in to my head. That's how high the snow actually was! School was canceled for the day... but I had to go to school on a SATURDAY! It was actually kind of cool though because I got a certificate that read, "I survived school on a Saturday." Pretty amusing. Looks like history is about to repeat itself once more.

Message though for those out in the weather: DRIVE CAREFULLY.. seriously..... actually try to not to drive at all today if you can help it.
I'm a little scared to see how this snow storm turns out. I can already hear the wind and it's banging against my window so hard. I said it before, but I'll say it again. I really am nervous to see how much snow we get. Utah doesn't fool around when it comes to snow; I mean it's been said that we get the best snow around. But I live in the mountains, so I'm afraid to see what type of damage will happen. Maybe I'll take pics later and update what's happening. Oh boy... here we go.
Hold on tight -- it's going to be a bumpy ride.

4 comments:

  1. WOO!
    I know how that feels. Snow is supposed to be fun-- until of course you have to travel in it. Stay safe!

    http://screenamedesired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea... it actually wasn't as bad as we all thought! But still, roads are icy.

    Thanks!

    (PS: I'm following you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog. :) I am a native South Floridian who has never literally seen snow in person, but if I was somewhere with snow I would definitely drive with caution! Have a fabulous Turkey Day!

    http://blondebargainbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh why thank you :) Ya I've grown up with snow, so it would be weird at this time of year to have anything besides it!!

    You have a great Thanksgiving as well.

    I'll check your blog out right now!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete