Sunday, November 21, 2010

Teardrop

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
~Kahlil Gibran


Why do people cry? I have always wondered this; yet all I do is cry I feel like. I'm such a sap. I cry at weddings, funerals, good movies, memories, music, books, photographs, quotes, acts of kindness, etc -- the list goes on and on...

But that's who I am. And that's okay. I feel like when I let my teardrops fall, my emotions are going on a rollercoaster ride. My family just left to go back to Idaho... and we were all crying like babies, not just because they are leaving, but because we don't know if this could be the last time we'll all be together as one.

Have you ever noticed though that sometimes you are too numb to cry? It doesn't make you a bad person, I just think that sometimes if you let those tears fall... they won't be able to stop. Tragedy has hit my family, and a lot of the time I hold it in. I don't think that is exactly wise because then a lot of the times my emotions are pushing to break through the surface and I cry when the situation isn't always the best. Sometimes you need to take that time for yourself and let the emotions over power everything. Because with great sadness comes joy. Well I'd like to believe that anways.

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.
~John Vance Cheney

Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed.
~Natalie Clifford Barney

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either.
~Golda Meir

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness... this is NUTS to me!!! i JUST posted about a close family members sudden passing yesterday and found that EXACT same Kahlil Gibran quote.... whoa. Sometimes the world amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's awesome. Small world eh?? :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete