Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weather WTF?



WEATHER IN SALT LAKE CITY RIGHT NOW IS GOING CRAZY.

Oh boy.. I thought it was crazy that they start Christmas music two days after Halloween; but honestly I don't mind that. It's the weather that spins my head round and round.

Last weekend it was about 70 outside. My cousin actually got burnt from being outside for a couple of hours. Then yesterday I wake up to a blizzard. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; this is Utah. Weather here is a lot of the time unexpected. Today is just gloomy & it's depressing.. Didn't want snow this soon though :( I love Fall and I feel like we got screwed over. We had about 4 days of nice crisp fall weather... now here comes the snow. Don't get me wrong I do love snow.... for Christmas. After that it can go away!!! In Utah the snow stays way too long. Last year it stayed around almost to May. Utah used to have distinct seasons. Four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Now it's more like: Hot summers.. and snow.. snow.. snow. This is another reason why I want to move. I don't think I appreciate the snow enough to live here. Sure I like to ski; but I'd rather spend my time outside with relaxing weather. Definitely love the "in betweens" -- not too hot/not too cold. That's why I'm such a big fan of Spring & Fall. This weather also makes it hard to decide what to wear for the day! One day you are wearing pretty much tank tops... now I have to wear boots and parka's. What this weather really makes me want to do is wear sweats and dress sloppy... sit by a fire and read all day long!! Perhaps watch Elf :) :) But nope; I have to go to school. BOO!

Also day-light savings time just happened on Sunday, and I swear to God it always throws me off!! I know we "gained an hour" but who cares. I hate that it gets dark outside at 5 pm & the light pours in my room at 7 am. Not a fan of this!! I don't even know why we still have day-light savings time. Can't we just keep it the same all year round?? Oh well...

On another note though, I'm really liking how my blog is turning out!! With the help of Rachel (http://howfickleiswoman.blogspot.com/) my blog is looking actually cute! Wahoo.

OH and I'm now obsessed with coffee-made "Peppermint Mocha." Holy crap it's delicious... I'm already on my 3rd cup of coffee this morning! Maybe that's why I'm so buzzed ha.

Well there is my ranting and raving for the day :) Hope you enjoyed that. Have a great Tuesday!!

xo.

7 comments:

  1. The weather has been the same in Denver. It was 78 yesterday, and they say snow later tonight. It is pretty rediculous to go from shorts and a tan this weekend, to boots and beenies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya seriously! So true. I hate the back and forth business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out lovie! The weather has been ridiculous here too. No snow or anything of course, but it will be pouring rain one day, in the 80's the next, and then freezing and windy. And peppermint mocha sounds sooo good since I'm freezing cold right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the daylight savings :) so overrated! Love the blog. So festive yet chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that it gets dark so early too. So gloomy :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course Rach!! Thanks for your help :) Peppermint Mocha really is amazing.. I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, I agree... it's so overrated!! And thank you :)

    JoJO, I hate it so much. Too dark too fast.

    Thanks for the comments.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete