Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Who I Really Am.

I really like this quote by Dr. Suess because I think it applies a lot to my life; especially right now. Since I was a little girl I sometimes hid behind the curtain. I was the sweet, innocent, compassionate girl who would get walked on quite a bit. It went that way pretty much until my first year of college. I decided that's not who I am. I'm not the shy girl behind that curtain; I was someone who was meant to stand out of the crowd and be known for who I really was inside. Ever since then I've been just that. I speak my mind probably more times than I really should, and I'm not afraid anymore. However, there is one thing I wish I could change about myself. I care a lot about what other people think of me. It's something that I have tried to change for a long time now, but nothing seems to work. Because I realized even if I'm not hiding behind that curtain anymore, I am still the sweet and compassionate girl who actually cares about others feelings; maybe sometimes too much. So how can you change those traits about yourself? I don't let others walk on me as much as I used to, but I think I still have it in me to let it happen from time to time. I am corky and weird and I'm definitely proud of that side of me. I love making others laugh because it also brings a smile to my face as well. Lately I haven't focused much on myself and I'm letting my feelings slide to much to others. I need to stand up and be proud of who I am, even though I've made mistakes. We all have; none of us are perfect, and if you are, please stand up and say so!! I shouldn't be afraid of being "judged" or "looked down upon" when I know people have done the same mistakes, if not worse. But what I've really truly realized lately is that I'm my own hardest critic. I really need to ease up on myself. That's the only way to life fully and successfully. People are always going to try and bring you down, that's how the world works. Not everyone is going to like me, so be it. And people will judge and accuse when they have no right to it, alright then. I'm going to start lifting my head up higher and be happy for those people who do count in my life. But even them I can't worry about their opinions of me. I need to be true to myself. I need to share the love I have with so many others with myself. I won't let one person stop me from my dreams, even if they don't believe in me. Because guess what?

I BELIEVE IN MYSELF!! I CAN DO ANYTHING.

By thinking in that direction I think anyone can get ahead in life. And that's the path I'm going to start taking. I need to be brave and confront the mistakes full speed and be able to move on and forward.

Even though there are attributes myself I need to change to make myself stronger, I do like who I really am. I will have my shy moments and you know what? That's okay too. But don't you worry, you'll definitely hear my voice within the crowd. I'm going to stand out -- starting now.

This is: WHO I REALLY AM.



7 comments:

  1. I love this post! It really made my day actually, since I've been down on myself the past few days. I am also one of those people who constantly puts others before themselves, often to the point where I end up getting walked over or taken advantage of. This was a mistake I made when I was president of my sorority; I cared too much about trying to make everyone happy instead of giving out some tough love where it was really needed. I also learned the hard way that just because you care about someone's feelings that doesn't mean that they will be considerate of yours. So, I am still in the process of toughening up and speaking my mind a little more.

    And of course you CAN do anything pretty girl!

    xo,
    Rach

    p.s. I gave you a blog award a few days back, wanted to make sure you saw it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw hey Rach! Thanks for the comment. Always look forward to them.

    I really have been down the last few days too. I don't know what's going on. But like your blog post said, a lot of "WTF" moments have been going on in my head. So I wanted to write it down and try to move past them. It's definitely too hard trying to please everyone.. have learned that the hard way as well. We can help each other in the process!! It takes time.

    Awwww you gave me a blog award?? I didn't see it. I'm going to go look now. You're so cute.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to believe this. In a way I think we can do ANYTHING we set our minds to! But I also feel like that's a lot more true about other people than myself! Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl! We all gotta boost our confidence. I always say, fake it until you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously adore this! And I have always adored this quote too... It's so freaking true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you're from Utah, fancy that, so am I. Utah State aggies all the way. Is your sorority the one that does that "catch a cougar" where they go down to byu and try to find some random guy to take on a date? cuz That happened to me a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya you can change your views all you want, but you can't change people. I've realized that over the years, and I need to stop trying!!

    Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

    And JBudd that's cool you're from Utah too!! But I have to say go Utah Utes all the way.. and no my sorority isn't that one, that's funny tho.

    ReplyDelete