Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Book List

For today's What I'm Loving Wednesday... I decided to make a book list of all the books I absolutely adore :) Some of these I keep mentioning over and over - but I do it for good reasons and if you read them, you'd see why!!
  • Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R Ward. I am beyond obsessed with this series. The next book is book 9 and it's called: Lover Unleashed. It comes out March 29th 2011. I cannot wait for this book; literally counting down the days. This book series is adult fiction - paranormal romance. If I could describe this series in one word I would describe it as "smutty." It's definitely that raw, sexual writing... but that's why I love it. I've never read anything like it before and it boggles my mind sometime. But it isn't just about sex - the story plot lines of these vampires are incredible. J.R Ward (Jessica Bird) is seriously my hero. She is just such a bad ass, plus she loves the Red Sox - so she gets a gold star in my book!! Also, it's cool because she was a lawyer and decided her true passion was writing. So that's all she focuses on now; she wears dark glasses all the time too!! And the exciting thing about it all is that she was only going to write 10 books in this series, but now she has stated that it is "open ended" which means she's just going to keep going and going. YES! So far the books that are out are called: Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed, Lover Unbound, Lover Enshrined, Father Mine (novella), Lover Avenged, and Lover Mine. Dark Lover is the first of the series, but please don't base it off that one. It's still a great book and after reading all of the books I have a bigger satisfaction when I read it, but the series gets better and better. I didn't fall in love with it until the second book Lover Eternal. The third book Lover Awakened it's definitely my favorite book out there right now! I've read it so many times and each time it makes me cry. Her books are so emotional and the power of love defines ever single syllable. I only wish I could have one of the brothers; if you read it, you'll see why (bonding). So give it a try so we can all talk about it!


  • The Mortal Instruments: I love this series!! It's young adult fiction and the author is Cassandra Clare. She was originally going to keep the series a trilogy, then she was going to do one last book... but she surprised us all when she decided to do three more books in the series. I'm beyond thrilled! I believe I actually mentioned this series in my last Wednesday post... or maybe not, I don't know. But I did mention somewhere that they are making this series into a movie! The sister off of the Blind Side is going to be the main character Clary - she is perfect I think. I'm just nervous who they are going to pick for Jace ahh. She has a series that takes place before the Mortal Instruments called: The Clockwork Angel. It's a pretty good book as well; I love Mortal Instruments more... but still, her writing is excellent. The next book called: City of Fallen Angels comes out April 5th 2011. Once again, I'll be counting down the days.

Some other books that I really like are:

*The Iron King - The Iron Daughter and am waiting for The Iron Queen which comes out January 25th 2011 and is by Julie Kagawa.

*Switched & Torn which is part of the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking. She is a self publisher who started putting her work on kindle for about .99 cents. She is now on the best selling list on Amazon. Amanda has actually written me quite a few times and has given me advice for writing! She is incredible. Her book series: My Blood Approves is pretty good as well.

*Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, The Immortals by AlysonNoƫl and Fallen by Lauren Kate. These are all in the teen/young adult category. They aren't my absolute favorite - but they are a light reads and are enjoyable. I know sometimes I stick with the YA fiction, but that's the area that I will be writing for, so I love reading those type of books.

*Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, I actually haven't read yet, but I have heard great things about this series. I'm actually going to start reading it when I have some time. I'm also going to read Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and Matched by Ally Condie. These are all on the to-do list ;)

*Incarceron by Catherine Fisher is definitely a mind twist. It's a very interesting book and I haven't read her sequel Sapphique mainly because it isn't on kindle. But it was definitely intriguing and different from other types of books that I read.

*Last but not least the Eragon series. I really used to love this series, haven't read it for a long time since... but I do love it. It's by Christopher Paolini and so far the books out are: Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. He hasn't added anymore to the series quite yet, and I haven't heard any new news, but I know he's continuing the series. It's definitely a lot to digest, but it's really good. Don't base it off the movie, they ruined it... as well as Ella Enchanted, but don't get me started on that!!

It's funny because once I fall in love with a series (which is what I typically read), I don't ever think it will be topped off. And that is the case with the Harry Potter series for sure, but I have definitely tried to stretch my mind and have actually fallen in love with other books as well especially the Black Dagger Brotherhood which I actually like ten times more than the Twilight series. Harry Potter seriously is the reason why I love reading as much as I do. I read it at such a young age and fell in love with the idea of such a creative world. It made me want to be an author just like J.K Rowling. The Twilight series definitely had it's hold on me for a long time! I thought that was it... just those two and nothing more; I was wrong. I can't really compare Twilight to BDB though because they are for different age groups. It's probably because I'm growing up so adult fiction definitely lingers on the interest scale. I'll never stop reading; it's something I love and it relaxes me when other things in my life are as hectic as can be. I love disappearing for a while into a different world... a world of imagination; somewhere I wish I could live. That's why writing is so appealing to me as well - and why I hope to someday be on a best sellers list myself.

Happy Wednesday my loves.

xo.

7 comments:

  1. I love reading other's favorite books! Thanks for posting.

    I had never heard of The Mortal Instruments, but a friend of mine got casted to be in the movie. I guess I should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Your friend got casted?? I'm so jealous. Do you know which character or what her role is going to be?? You should read it; very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! thanks for some great new suggestions...I am in need of a few new books :) hope you had a great Wednesday! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, you sure do know some good reads! Wow! And you know them so well. They all sound so good, especially the first one. I love books and always could use another one on my shelf!
    Happy Wednesday love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all of these suggestions! xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE books. Good to see another avid reader.

    A Whole Lotta Love,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, you're making me want to put down my science/psychology books to read more fiction! The last fiction I read was the Twilight series in July. I'm thinkin' it's time to find a new series to fall in love with :)

    *Trisha*

    ReplyDelete