Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF

Really. THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY! I couldn't be more thrilled. I like this semester of school, but I'm so burnt out I'm running on empty! So every week I seriously just fall down on the floor and want to lay there till the following Monday. Sad I never want to go out and do anything anymore! But this weekend I'm spicing it up by actually doing activities. I know, shocker! Today I'm going to finally get my glasses that I so desperately need. One of my eyes is a lot better than the other, and I read so much that my eyes have begun to really hurt and my sight goes blurry (which scares the crapola out of me!) so I'm going to nip this one right in the bud (even though it's been almost 2 years). I have glasses, but I can tell the prescription isn't very good anymore, because they barely help. I feel like I look kind of weird with glasses so I always just sit there and my mom will be like, "Oh Jess, those ones look good!" And I'm like, "Mom, are you serious? This looks like something I would wear in the 1920's." Bless her heart. I cannot be picky - just need to do it!

Tonight I'm going to a bar called Gracies. I'm going for a goodbye party for my good friend Rachel who is moving to Denver! I'm so happy for her - she gets to kick start her life into gear, but it makes me realize even more how much I want to move to Oregon! I want to kick start my own life into gear... ASAP! It will be nice to see all my old friends.

Like last night I went to my sorority house Pi Beta Phi to watch Vampire Diaries, which was beyond amazing, and it was so nice to see all the girls. I kept hearing, "Omg J-Ruud is that you?!" It was a good feeling for sure! They even got a new plasma TV so watching Damon Salvatore on the big screen made me smile. We got cheesy pull aparts from an amazing pizza place called the Pie! I swear their biggest pizzas are as big as my bed; not joking. The episode really was great though. I was hiding in my friend Christina's sleeve like the whole time. The ending was so sad though - definitely teared up!! It was all Damon Salvatore; I must say that Ian Somerhalder really is such a talented actor! You could just feel the emotions pour out of him. Amazing.

Tomorrow I'm going to this ceremony type thing for my best friend Mary. I'm really happy that she is happy and I want what's best for her. So I'm mainly going to support her like a good friend should. My cousin and I are having a sleepover tonight and before we go to my friend Mary's dealio, we are going to get french toast! French toast is honestly my favorite breakfast food ever! It's so syrupy and delicious... omg I want it now!!

Saturday night I believe we are going to the Sundance Film Festival which I'm really excited for. I hope I see some movie stars!! I'll keep you all updated for sure.

So that's my weekend pretty much because Sunday is unfortunately homework day; not fun.

I'm sad about something... Alex Pettyfer I've now heard in recent news, is most likely not doing Mortal Instruments. It was such a let-down blow seriously. :( I got so used to accepting that he was going to play Jace and he is Jace in my mind whenever I read the book. It's so dead on that it scares me sometimes. So now hearing this news, literally breaks my heart which is sad because it's just a movie. But I don't care. The director said if Alex didn't sign on, that he probably wasn't going to do it. He even knew that Alex would be perfect for the role. But if they don't make the movie at all... oh boy... not a good thing at all. And if they do I'll be very happy, don't get me wrong, but I can't picture any other guy playing this role. I'd rather them go find out and find a sexy model to play it then another actor we've all seen. Anyways that's my rant about that. Nothing is official yet, but I don't have a good feeling about it. He was on Ellen today though or at least will be, but someone already posted his segment. I don't like his hair like this, but he's still so hot. I can't resist that accent. And I'm excited to see I Am Number Four, even if I am mad at him right now. That's the link to Ellen's show:


Something funny and random though, I was looking at my old photos and saw pictures from when I went to Forks Washington when I was a die-hard Twilight fan, yes, my obsession has eased up a lot haha. But here are some pictures, don't judge me when you see that we dressed up as vampires one night... kind of.. and filmed ourselves dancing to Disturbia in our little hotel room. Great trip overall.

This trip was actually when I first started to love Oregon. We went to Portland and shopped for a day, and then stayed in Eugene overnight and went to the Pi Phi house there. It was huge!! A Pi Phi let us stay at her house, it was so nice. I fell in love with all the green on this trip and that's what went through my head. But when I went to Oregon this past summer with my best friend Mary, well, it sealed the deal for sure. I need to go to Eugene again because when I was there it was night time and we didn't get a real chance to look around. Other than the sororities and fraternities.
Well I hope you all have a happy Friday and an awesome weekend! Cheers :)
xo.
PS: I changed my entire blog; not just the background, but have a new header with new pictures, new font, bright colors, some different buttons, and other fun stuff!! I'm in love. It's definitely ME!

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! Sounds like you've got a full weekend planned :) I totally agree, thank God it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blog update looks great--I'm super jealous of the weekend you have ahead, especially the Sundance Film Festival! be sure to tell us how it goes :) xoxo {av}

    P.S. I have a giveaway going over on my blog with your name all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look! How fun you went to Forks- I grew up in Washington so I love WA and Oregon! (where I lived was right across the river from OR) No sales tax, heck yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my boyfriends brother is a law professor at the university of oregon in eugune! so weird :) he says he loves it there-- he used to live in seattle. im excited to visit portland for the first time in march-- you'll have to let me know if there are any must-sees or go-to restaurants/bars. i hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo jcd

    ps my friend julie would be SO jealous of your twilight trip, she's obsessed..

    ReplyDelete
  5. pps LOVE the new layout and font :) it's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been too long since I've stopped by, this blog is gorgeous! Love the typewriters everywhere!
    You my darling, are quite the busy bee! You need to take some time to breathe! I know how it feels to be so burned out. School and work and fun is killing me! But I'm like the little engine that could.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete