Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Weekend Reflection

This weekend was really fun! Usually, well as of late, I don't go out much. I think it has a lot to do with school and what's going on with my step-dad, so I get burnt out... especially by Friday; this Friday however I made myself go out and definitely had a good time. I'm disappointed to announce that I didn't go the Sundance Film festival - I wasn't feeling too good Saturday night, but it was a busy day so that's okay.

Friday it was my friend Rachel's goodbye party because she is moving to Denver - so we went to a bar Gracies. It was a lot of fun to see a lot of old friends who I haven't seen in forever. Here are some pictures from the night:
That night me and my cousin Nicole came back to my house and ate junk-food and watched Dragonfly/Titanic. Kept falling asleep so not sure either really counted. Saturday morning we went to Kneaders and had the best french toast in the history of french toast... it was simply amazing; I'm craving it right now actually!! After we went to my friend Mary's ceremony. It really meant a lot to her, so I was glad I could be there for her. She seems so happy... so that's what makes me happy. She means the world to me. Anyways after we went to her house and it was so fun seeing old high school friends who I really haven't seen in forever. It was a good weekend for that I've decided. I love making new friends, but sometimes being around the old friends make it all worthwhile. Just seeing them brings a smile to your face and you feel almost whole again... I like that feeling, I even yearn for it. Especially now. Especially after everything.

After that we went to my favorite restaurant Porcupine!! It was really fun. But that was the night I started feeling blah. So I just stayed in and read and watched movies. To me that is the greatest thing ever; I love having my relaxing nights just to myself. I watched my favorite Disney movie: The Little Mermaid.

I love this movie with every fiber of my being. My mom and step-dad took me to see in this in the theaters when I was three years old. It was my first movie I ever saw in the theaters... so that's special to me. My mom said I hogged the popcorn and it was practically bigger than me! This movie makes me cry, every time. When the credits start for some odd reason (call me sentimental); then when King Triton ruins all of Ariel's collectible items. Another time is when Ariel finds out Prince Eric is marrying someone else and she is crying on the dock watching to cruise boat go by. The last two times are at the end when her dad gives her legs so she can be with Eric and at her wedding when she says, "I love you Daddy." For some reason it gets me ever time and I cannot help it. This and Beauty and the Beast are my two favorites for sure!! I miss old Disney! I just had to throw that statement out.

Sunday morning I picked up glasses that I got on Friday afternoon. I love these glasses - I even took a picture of them.
I only wear these glasses for reading, going on the computer, driving at night, etc. I am still getting used to wearing glasses at all - I feel like I look a little funny, but my mom says I look like a real teacher that way! Ha. That's funny. They're awesome and were very expensive; so I'll be taking care of them that's for sure.

I also watched the Hallmark show: The Lost Valentine.

Oh my God: it was so good... and sad. I cried like a baby!! It was just such a beautiful show and made me excited to fall in love. Fairy tales do still exist; I believe that. Growing up as a little girl, I always pictured a fairytale love story that was so epic that people would write about it. I could write about it. It hasn't happened yet for me, but I want it to. I know it will. It has to. There has to be more than life than just waking up and doing the same thing everyday. Or watching people suffer not only from diseases, but from the stress of life. Life should be magical and something you can believe in. If those stories didn't exist... they wouldn't have been written, and they have.

You see them everywhere; that's what makes me so excited and hopeful for my future. I definitely know that my hard path is getting me ready for something phenomenal. I also liked the movie because the grandson was extremely good looking!

I definitely have procrastinated tonight: instead of doing homework, I watched movie after movie... for example: The Lost Valentine, Sleepless in Seattle, The Lord of the Rings, The Ugly Truth - well you catch my drift. I also played Super Nintendo :) I love Nintendo. Always have. Always will. Mario games are my favorite!! They are so epic. Playing Nintendo makes me forget my troubles and I feel totally blissed out. I love that feeling. But it's about 2 am now and I barely got anything done... so that's not good. But this week is going to be really busy, so I needed the relaxation more I think.

Overall great weekend!! Hope you all had an awesome one as well. Good luck with the long week!

xo.

6 comments:

  1. Hei, nice blog!
    I hope you like our collection, check out:

    www.luminavefashion.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the little mermaid was my absolute faaaave when i was little. i think i liked it a lot because i loved dolphins and i really wanted to be a mermaid.. :) sounds like you had a pretty good weekend! xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! French toast is MY FAVORITE, so you definitely have me craving that! And I love the Little Mermaid as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Little Mermaid. LOVE it. What a lovely weekend you had--and you looked super cute :) hope you have a great week, my dear! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to see that movie!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, I cried my eyes out watching The Lost Valentine - my boyfriend actually filmed me crying without me knowing! He then proceeded to upload it to facebook without my knowledge! lol

    ReplyDelete