Monday, February 7, 2011

Action Packed Weekend

First off... thanks for all your sweet comments on my last post. I'm sorry I am such a sap in some of my posts... but they probably won't end for a while. It's a rock-in-hard place right now and expressing myself through words helps me a lot! I appreciate your comments especially from my love Jilly who I have known forever and miss like crazy!! She actually wrote a blog post to me, which really meant the world. Thanks my honey bunches of oats ;) I love you.
This weekend was action-packed; I loved it!!! Friday I rested because I was exhausted from the long week, but Saturday was really fun. I went to dinner with my bestie Mary at Joe's Crab Shack and to the movie Country Strong. I'm not a fan of seafood... but she sure is; I have a picture to prove it:
Country Strong was way good! I had no idea what is was about, but was so excited to see my girl Blair ;) Plus Garrett Hedlund is a hottie and holy crap can he sing! I was blown away from everyone that sang in that movie. So good! I love the music and the romance between Chiles and Beau, even though her name is rather odd.

Garrett Hedlund is so adorable!! I love every time he sang with Chiles he would look at her and smile - omg. She looked so pretty in this movie too; I wish she would look like this in Gossip Girl because she doesn't look as pretty as she used to! But boy oh boy is she talented. They are honestly so cute together though - I loved all of their scenes and their song "Give in to Me."
I want a guy like that sooo badly!! He gave me the butterflies every time he sang and smiled! He's beautiful. I remember him from the movie Troy but he didn't have that big of a part... and he was in Eragon (which I love the book, hated the movie) and that's pretty much all I have seen him in. But he's amazing! Mary didn't believe me when I said that was his real voice; it is really low!

So overall great movie, didn't see that ending coming though: depressing! We then went to Mary's house and pretty much stayed up all night watching Glee - another obsession I have given to her! She told me to read the Hunger Games so I'm going to see what all the hype is about for that ;)
Sunday we had the Superbowl 2011! Big Packers fan so I was so stoked when they won woo hoo! I went to my Greek friend's Nicole Chaus' house for the game and tons of people were there and great food. I forgot I had my camera so I took pictures after most the people were gone, but I got some fabulous pictures. I didn't put up nearly enough but here is a little preview!
The commercials weren't as funny this year, but I did like some of the Doritos ones!! Every time I am with these people they make me happy. I love hanging out with old friends and I need to do it more often. These are the people that know me the best and really respect me for what I'm going through. They are what help me get out of bed in the morning and that in itself is a miracle!! I know this week will be busy and hard - but I can do it! I am strong and I will survive the hardships that life throws in my path.
Have a great week ya'll ;)
xo.

6 comments:

  1. yah!! im glad you had a good weekend...and that you liked country strong! i loved that movie and i totally agree with you the lead actor was hot...and his deep voice. swoon. happy monday! xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad your feeling better !! and i want to see that soo bad ! i love love LOVE gwenyth paltrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hunger games is the best thing that will ever happen to you. I promise you. I simply adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! And that seafood looks delicious to me..sorry you don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had a great weekend! it made up for the sucky weekend i had! I love seafood! haven't had joe's crab shack in ages! (hurricane katrina got rid of the one down here :(
    -tiffanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having good friends sure is priceless! Glad you had such a great weekend, Jess. You deserve it (:

    ReplyDelete