Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Greatest Gift

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." I may not be the biggest fan of Valentine's Day, but I am a huge believer in love. I think that love is truly a gift and that it should be cherished. It's what makes life worth living in my opinion. To love everything around you and everyone is truly something special.

Today when I got home from my cousin's house, there were two vases of flowers. One for me; one for my mom. They were from my step-dad.
These ones are to my Mom:
These are the cards that made both me and my mom cry...
They just really meant a lot, especially in our situation. This is like his final words to me; it's really special. I didn't post my mom's card because it is really personal and her choice. But I wanted people to see mine; shows you what kind of person my step-dad is. He went to the trouble to do this for me and my mother; if that's not love... I don't know what is. People come into our lives and touch them in the most amazing ways. And I'm thankful to that fact. You gain so much from others and they help you grow. My step-dad has done that for me. He has made me the person I am today and that's what I will take with me; that's how he will live in my memories.

I went to a Bacholerette party last night, and it wasn't as wild as some of those parties can get, but it was still really fun. It was for my friend Katie who I have known since Elementary School. She's so adorable and always kind. I didn't get sad or jealous, I got excited. I cannot wait for that love in my life and I know I'll find it. In the meantime however, love is all around me. I've been very blessed by that and it is what helps keep me on me feet.


This doesn't have much to do with love, but it has to do with respect. The long-time coach of our time the Utah Jazz, Jerry Sloan, has retired after 22 years of coaching. Every person in the NBA respects this man. He is very humble and kind and we will miss him greatly. I'm kind of nervous to see how the Jazz does without him, but I'm sure they'll do great.

So here is my post on the greatest gift in my eyes: love. I hope everyone has it in their lives, because without it, well, what a tragedy.
I love you all!!
xo.

5 comments:

  1. how adorable! i teared up when i read that note! v sweet of your step-dad. wishing you the best valentines day :) xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, lady. Love is the most precious gift of all.

    Those flowers are beautiful. And what a special note from your step-dad. Wow. Jess, I absolutely love seeing your heart smile through these things. Thanks for sharing such a personal moment with us!

    Happy Valentine's Day <3

    *Trisha*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    Your step dad sounds like an amazing man!! It must surely be a blessing to have him in your ife. I teared up at the note he left for you you can truly see how much he loves and cares for you.

    Sorry I have been mia from the blog world for a bit but I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful note and such pretty flowers. I love love! Happy early V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have stop at your blog
    N i follow your blog
    will u follow me back? I just got a little followers
    http://glowingsnow85.blogspot.com/

    and don't forget to leave comment.
    thanks...

    p/s: your blog so pretty. and the note was so touching

    ReplyDelete