Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day... aka Single Awareness Day :) Had to throw that one out there. I was thinking about it, and usually this day makes me feel sad, especially when you see all the adorable lovey dovey couples, but today I felt hope. I realized love defines us. Without love, there is no life. My mom and step-dad show ongoing love for one another even through the toughest of battles, and it's not only an inspiration, but it's a reminder of what love is all about. And that's why I feel hope. Love is everywhere.

"Take away love and our earth is a tomb." - Robert Browning.


"Love is an element which though physically unseen is as real as air or water. It is an acting, living, moving force... it moves in waves and currents like those of the ocean." - Prentice Mulford.


"Love is the most powerful and still most unknown energy in the world." - Pierre Chardin.

I no longer want to "wait" for it to happen; it is already happening... all around me. It's here and I already feel it's power every single day. To be grateful is another way to say thank you to the world we have been given. Everyone does everything out of love. We would have nothing if it weren't for love, hell, we wouldn't be here if it weren't for love.

Life shouldn't just be living "day to day"; you should be excited for every single second and love endlessly. That's how it's going to be from now on. I'm not going to focus anymore energy on what I don't want... only on what I want. I'm going to give thanks as much as I breathe in air and I'm going to love like there is no tomorrow.

I found my inspiration... and I hope those who are lost will find theirs. Here is to love.

So Happy Valentine's Day - may your life be filled with love forever more.

xo.

PS: Thank you for always being there for me with kind words and acts of love... it means more than you'll ever know.

13 comments:

  1. happy valentines day girl! i hope you have a great day and know that you are loved! xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. jessica this is absolutely beautiful. thank you for sharing miss! i hope you have been well ♥ i'm sorry i haven't stopped by in awhile. so i'm not sure how long you have had your new blog look, but it is so so adorable!! in love with it! xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you doll. Happy Love Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great post! I love all the quotes you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! After a craptastic day at work today I was feeling down and when I opened your gift it brightened my day! You are such a sweetheart for sending me all of those things. The quote on the box made me cry. So beautiful. I can't wait to wear the gorgeous necklace tomorrow! Thank you so much again love and look for a blog post about the goodies tonight or tomorrow. Love you!

    And p.s. I agree that we should be pen pals! I love sending letters/postcards/little gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day, Jess! This was a great post. I agree, Love is all around us (:

    Pokemon photo at the beginning = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the optimism of this post, so beautiful! LOve those quotes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated V-Day!! I love these pictures especially the pokemon one of course! ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great post! I love all the quotes :) I was single this vday too but still felt optimistic for the first time in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so sweet and so inpsirational... I just love it!!

    Happy Wednesday Dear! xo

    Oh, and pop by for a GIVEAWAY today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you´re so cute....
    beautiful blog!!
    congratulations!=P
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you had a great valentines day!

    ReplyDelete