Friday, March 4, 2011

ABC Isn't Always As Easy As 123

WOW. What a week. Good don't get me wrong, but stressful!! Yesterday was my first solo teaching day and OMG - how in the world do teachers run a class every single day? I did well, taught the students about Native Americans and how they hunt. But goodness gracious, some children are always out of control. It's just a lot to deal with. I have so much respect for teachers and get even more pissed when I realize how small the income is that teacher's receive! It's ridiculous. We are teaching the future of tomorrow and get nothing for it. I knew that money would be an issue going into teaching, but I love the children so it makes it all worthwhile. And I'm not trying to sound cocky in the slightest... but the students love me. They are always clinging on to me with their little hands calling me Jessi - it's absolutely adorable and makes the stress disappear; at least for a little while. I'm also done with college, even though I will have to go back for my teaching license, but in the mean time I can teach at private schools and a Montessori which will be great. I also want to write children's books and write novels - so that will make due with a great future.
Thank you teachers for all your hard work; I appreciate you to the fullest!

So I'm so excited for Spring Break 2011! Instead of going to Mexico, Hawaii, a cruise, I'm going to OREGON! Hahaha... it's sad that that's so exciting to me, but it really is. I'm going with Mary and we are staying in Eugene. We are driving again, even though the drive is ridiculously long, we need a car. Because honestly this isn't just a vacation for us, we are looking at our potential future. We want to check out the U of O, houses, schools I could teach at, the town in general, talk to people, and go back to Florence because I love it so much. It's going to be fantastic and today we are going to plan where we are staying. I have some friends in Eugene, so I'm hoping I can see a few of them one day at least.

Today we are also seeing Beastly. Yes, I've heard it got horrible reviews, but I'm my own critic and they were dissing on Twilight half the time (comparing it) so you know what, now I'm for sure going. The main reason I am going is because it's a book and I want to read it, and because of... well... Alex Pettyfer. I do talk about him a lot, and I'm going to talk about him even more! He's amazingly sexy. I've heard lately though that he's really cocky, but whatever, he's gorgeous, he can be as cocky as he wants; even though I find that very unappealing! I know the whole time I'm watching the movie I'll be thinking of Jace Wayland from Mortal Instruments. In this movie he looks the most like how I picture the character in my head so it's going to be absolutely crazy. Well he looks like the character until he changes how he looks. Not excited to see Vanessa though - not a big fan... they should have gotten another actress to play the main lead in my opinion.
The tag line is: love is never ugly... I'm not sure I agree with this statement. I know true love is selfless and that's a beautiful thing. It also touches your heart and is quite beautiful in itself - but relationships, and love can be ugly. The whole process can be a hard one and I've seen it ruin a lot of people. But then again I've never been in love like that, so who am I to say anything?

I'm so happy; my older brother just got into town, like literally just walked through the front door! He drove here from Meridian Idaho, which isn't that bad of a drive. He's here because it's my step-dad's, his father's, birthday today. It's a bittersweet day I will say that, but it's nice to be surrounded by family during this hard time. It's hard because my step dad is doing really bad. The ALS is finally at it's worst and I don't know how much longer he really has. I have prepared myself for this; have been for 2 years now, but that doesn't make it any easier in my opinion. Part of me realized the man I loved has already died. Harsh yes, but true. The man downstairs is constantly wanting to be adjusted and moved that sometimes he sees right through you when you are talking to him. I don't like that. I know I'll never know what it's like, and I pray to God I never will, but family is important and shouldn't be taken for granted no matter how terrible the situation is. I'm just happy because on April 2nd, there is a 5k for ALS. There hasn't been for two years, and I know all my friends and family are going out to support me and this terrible disease. We need to find a cure, we must.

Anyways - Happy Birthday Greg. I love you.

Have a fantastic weekend loves.
xo.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're going to Oregon! I've always wanted to go there! Make sure you take in a run or 2 in training for your 5k! I heard it's the best place to run in! I'm sending my prayers to your step-dad.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for trips to oregon! yay for your brother being home! and yay for appreciating teachers! and prayers and thoughts are being sent to your step-dad. i wish the best for him and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are an awesome teacher, I am not surprised at all:-) And Oregon is amazing, I am excited to hear about your trip~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone :) I love them!!! Haven't been getting comment lately for some reason :(

    Yes Oregon is the greatest and definitely expect pictures coming this way!!

    Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey There! I just wanted to thank you so much for visiting and commenting on Southern Soul Mates! I sure hope you'll come back real soon :) Have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will make a great teacher and it sounds like the kids already adore you! Go change some lives :)

    Also, you spring break plans sound relaxing yet super fun!! You will have to update us all on your new discoverys!

    A 5K for ALS sounds like something great to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe I just spelled discoveries like that...opps

    ReplyDelete
  8. im doing the ALS walk in chicago in June! my best friend and i have done it a few years now :) i hope your step dad enjoys his birthday and im so happy that you will all be together for it.

    have a great time in eugune! h's brother is a law professor there and loves the town. and we are going to portland in two weeks to finally visit the city! i cannot wait! hopefully it doesnt rain too much :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete