Saturday, March 19, 2011

Get It Right


I just re-did my blog and I love it! I love the background, it reminds me of spring. And I put a lot of pictures up on the side from my past. It's weird to look at these pictures, I feel like I'm not even that person anymore. Maybe I changed. Or maybe the world around me changed. I think there is a part of me that's still inside... but it's the truth that I have changed. I think when you go through traumatic situations in life, it forces you to grow up in a sense. I have definitely become stronger and I have a different outlook on life. I don't party and go out with friends as much as I used to, that's for sure. I think I have made a lot of mistakes ever since my step-dad was diagnosed with ALS, but talking with my best friend I realized that's okay. When you are in high-school you really are still in a bubble; when you go to college and get into your 20's, your bubble (the safety net) bursts. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I think it's okay to make these types of mistakes during this age period. It's what really shapes us and helps us realize who we really are. I have seen in the last two years the person I can be, the person I now am. Sometimes it makes me sad to know my innocence is gone and that I'm not that little girl I once was... but it's okay. That's part of growing up right? I do have regrets in my life, but at the same time, through these barriers it has made me realize what living is all about. That sometimes life isn't fair and you have to deal with the consequences of your actions. But you can still see the beauty in life.


Watching the Glee episode "Original Song," I loved the song that Rachel Berry sings "Get It Right." I feel like it explains my life to a T right now; it was actually quite shocking when I listened to it and looked at the lyrics. I feel like when you accept that life isn't always fair, you can step it up and face it square in the face without falling down completely.


What have I done? I wish I could
Away from this ship goin' under
Just tryin' to help, hurt everyone
Now I feel the weight of the world is
On my shoulders

What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow

But how many it times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me?
To get it right
To get it right

Can I start again with my faith shaken?
'Cause I can't go back and undo this
I just have to stay and face my mistakes
But if I get stronger and wiser
I'll get through this

What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many it times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me?
To get it right
To get it right

So I throw up my fist
I will punch in the air
And accept the truth that sometimes life isn't fair
Yeah, I'll send out a wish
Yeah, I'll send up a prayer
And finally, someone will see
How much I care!
What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many it times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me?
To get it right
To get it right

Here are some quotes I really like, that are uplifting as well:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover"-- MARK TWAIN

"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it as it is,is the only way of being happy."- JENNIE JEROME CHURCHILL

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst a spark that creates extraordinary results."-- UNKNOWN


"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-- RALPH WALDO EMERSON

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! It's technically my Spring Break :) I get to go to Oregon next week... that's my silver lining.

xo.

3 comments:

  1. As soon as a clicked on your page I noted how springy and happy it looked! Love it! Change can sometimes be a very good thing. It souns like it has been for you in becomming a stronger person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful new background. All this growing up talk though uplifting is making me nostalgic. I'm staying young forever dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that bottom picture's amazing! i wish i was the one to have taken that, it's too good to be true :)

    you get to go/went to oregon?? i've been there once and it became my favorite place in the entire world. currently, i'm living in utah but we plan to move there when we're older. ah! love it there, lucky girl haha

    ReplyDelete