Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day :)

I hope you are all going to wear your green today. I always liked this day and I'm not quite sure why... I know why I love it now that I'm grown up (green beer), but it was always such a fun day growing up!! Wearing all the green, having parties in our classroom, making the rainbow with a pot of gold underneath, etc. Sounds like a good time yup yup!

I always liked four leaf clovers too! They are so cool looking and they are good luck. Green is actually one of my favorite colors... well besides pink and blue ;) I love it because it reminds me of Oregon and all the green there. I just think it reminds me of nature and I love being surrounded by all the beautiful trees and other sources of green. I don't get that a lot here in Utah. But I am lucky, because my house usually does have a lot of green because I live in the mountains so right now things are starting to turn green.

Do you believe in good luck that the four leaf clovers bring?? I've never actually seen a real one - just in pictures and I used to draw them a lot. I wonder... I need to find myself one of those!
What about the rainbow with a pot of gold at the end? I always used to believe there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and I was determined when I was younger to find it!! Never did... but hey, I'm not giving up!

I found this picture and thought it was so awesome - not exactly sure where it is though. I just think it's cool that they turn the water green... probably takes a while geeze!! I guess some people go all out; just wearing green isn't enough ;)
I have always wanted to go to Ireland too. My step-dad went there back in the day and told me how green and beautiful it is there. I would love to go there one day... maybe as a memory to him. Look how beautiful the country-side is - breathtaking, seriously. And then that awesome picture with the castle in it! I have only been to one castle, and I'm not even sure if it was a castle but it was in London. I would just really like to go to Ireland and find the beauty that surrounds me everywhere. Did anyone ever watch The Luck of the Irish on the Disney Channel?? I loved this movie! I actually had a crush on the main guy. I miss old school Disney! Not just the old movies, but the Disney Channel in general... but I'll save that discussion for another day.

St. Patty's Day isn't just about wearing the green, being lucky, etc. it's my little brother's birthday and another huge reason why I love this day. We have always done really fun things for his birthday and I love that he was born on St. Patrick's Day!

Today is extra special though, because it's his 16th birthday. Aww, almost makes me want to cry that my little brothers are getting so big. Justin is turning 16 and going to start driving, and Landon is graduating this year and going to college next year. Holy crap... where does the time go? Seriously. Justin is that boy that always makes you laugh, ever since he was really little. It's cool because we were both born in Houston Texas in the same room! Of course I came first, but we all moved to Utah and then my dad and step-mom stayed in Texas and that's why he was born there. It's cool that we can share that with one another. He always brightens my day and his laugh is contagious - completely. I admire him because he used to be pretty fat... he hated it. Kids weren't very nice and I could tell he was depressed - but Justin got with a trainer and lost almost 60 lbs!! It changed his life and he even helps me eat healthier. He changed his entire lifestyle and he was only 14 years old!! He's a wonderful person and I love him with my whole heart. So here are some pictures to celebrate his big day (most of these were taken in Europe this past summer). A lot of them have my other brother Landon in them as well:

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY JUSTY!!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
THANKS FOR ALWAYS MAKING ME SMILE.

xo.

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment