Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blink Of An Eye

Wow, people must call them accidents for a reason. Last week on Thursday to be exact, I was in a car accident. I have never been in a car accident... so it was honestly terrifying. There was an accident on the right side of the road, and I looked over for literally two seconds, when I looked straight, the car in front of me had slammed on their brakes. It was almost like slow motion, but fast enough that I couldn't do anything about it... and I crashed right into them. The guy was really nice, and his car was completely fine... mine... not so much. The whole front of my car is ruined :( it had to be towed because the cops said it could overheat and was leaking antifreeze. The whole ordeal seriously sucked so badly. I was in such a good mood to because my last solo teaching day went to well. But like the cop said, that's why they call them accidents... they happen in a a blink of an eye. I feel like my life these past two years have happened in a blink of an eye, even though it's been the hardest and longest two years of my life. I've heard bad things happen in three - and now I totally believe that fact. But if anything, all this has made me stronger, even though sometimes life gets so hard I don't want to get out of bed. I miss Newport Oregon and really want to go back ASAP. I hung out with Mary last night, and being around her reminds me of that place and how much I honestly want to move. I need the simplicity of life that I don't get in Utah. Even if it's a smaller town, that's exactly what I need right now at this point. Hopefully, it will be a part of my future. Until then, I just need to hold my head up high. On a positive note, Lover Unleashed came out last Tuesday and the next book in the Mortal Instruments comes out this Tuesday. So stoked. Lover Unleashed by J.R Ward is her 9th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and OMG, she is seriously my ideal. I didn't think she could get much better, but she totally succeeded - crazy!! You really all should check it out, the books are amazing, simply amazing. It's actually my favorite series besides Harry Potter. Also, yesterday I got my cap and gown for graduation. The moment they handed it to me, the whole thing became real and I got super excited. I'm GRADUATING COLLEGE (about damn time), but seriously it's really such a monumental point in my life and I deserve this. Have worked so hard and I am ready for the next stage of life... I really truly am. When I look back at college it seems like it all happened in a blink of an eye as well, but it really has been 5 years, almost 6. I don't want to miss what life has to offer and that's why you need to take each day as it comes, especially when dealing with the negative aspects in life. You only get one - need to make the best of it. So now, I'm going to go study for math... (blah), and try to enjoy this extremely snowy day (blah again). Hope you all have a wonderful day. xo.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are okay hon. :/ Accidents suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I know how you feel. I rear-ended someone a couple of months ago and it was an awful experience...talking with the insurance people, and everything else that goes along with it. Stay strong and know that little things happen to everyone.

    <3
    http://kelcyloveslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are ok BB! Having to deal with car insurance stuff sucks. I've never been in an accident, but I did hit my roommates car while attempting to parrallell park and completely totaled one side of it. Ugh. Dealing with the insurance company was such a pain. The pics from your Oregon trip are gorgeous! No wonder you can't wait to move there. There is just something so great about a smaller town that isn't too small. That's like where I live. The town is small, but I am close to so many great places to visit that it hardly bothers me. Congrats on getting so close to graduation, believe me these next few weeks will fly by. Then onto the next exciting chapter of your life!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess your blog is super cute and I love reading it. I'm so happy you're ok from the accident.

    Congrats on graduating this spring, that is so exciting!! I've been looking around for a new book to read (just finished the Clockwork Angel) and now I just got the Black Dagger Brotherhood on my Kindle from your recommendation in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an experience. Glad to hear that you're ok. Oh and congrats on your upcoming college graduation. Wooohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just blogged about an accident I was in too- so sorry:-( They are definitely no fun, but at least you are okay! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No fun - I want my car back.

    ReplyDelete