Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday, Hoots, Getting Into Shape, and More

Palm Sunday is a really big deal in my church, actually Easter in general is. It's one of the most historic and important. It's our holy week and "Palm Sunday is the commemoration of the entrance of our Lord into Jerusalem following his glorious miracle of raising Lazarus from the dead. Having anticipated his arrival and having heard the miracle, the people went out to meet the Lord and welcomed him with displays of honor and shouts of praise." They also through "palms" and that's why they call it Palm Sunday.I am proud of my Greek Orthodox faith and my Greek heritage. This next week is Holy Week and on Friday "Good Friday," signifies Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. The midnight service in my church is my favorite, because we yell at midnight "Christ has risen - truly he has risen." It's a beautiful service with lit candles and a huge Greek feast afterwords for those who gave up meat for Lent. I'm not sure if I'm going this year, but I will be sure to send a lot of prayers this week. I was happy when my Yiayia (Grandma) brought over Loukoumades from church today :) They are one of my favorite Greek pastries!!! Friday was my good friend Lexi's Birthday celebration. She is such a good friend, and I love hanging out with the Greek girls! We went to a restaurant called Epic. Pretty good if I might add, but not as good as her little Owl Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats! Her older sister Nicole made them (she loves owls), but how adorable are they? Delicious too. My cousin and our friend Katie did the SLC Marathon yesterday - 15 miles and they still managed to look so cute!! I need to start working out more, not just to look good, but to get healthily as well. I just realized I really don't like working out. I miss Greek Dancing because it kicked my butt into shape. And certain other things I like to do to work out as well, but running is not one of them. I cannot believe the semester ends in 3 weeks. Not too happy with the way math went.. especially because I think I need to retake it, oh well I'm actually "graduating" in the summer anyways and taking another class, but student teaching has gone fantastic!! I'm walking in three weeks, so that's the exciting part. I hope things start looking up in my life :) I'm trying so hard to be positive and it sucks I have to work at it and try to be happy... but that's how it's going to be for a while and I have accepted that. I am happy to report that I did buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 yesterday after a fabulous day out with my mom that we get to do so rarely. I haven't watched it yet, but after all my homework is done today, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to be spending the evening with Ronald Weasley!!! OH and a special shout out for my daddy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I know he is having a wonderful time... he's in Mexico with my family. Of course our Spring Breaks didn't match up. FML haha. Oh well he deserves this vacation as they all do. xo.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are walking in May!!! What an exciting time!! I have greatly missed you and your blog while I have been away from the blogsphere but it feels great to be back!!! I know must get to reading your past posts :)

    ReplyDelete