Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pirates

Okay, so I loved Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides!! I saw it last night, and was pleasantly surprised. I have always been a fan of pirates, even way back when I was little and used to ride the ride at Disneyland. Pirates always fascinated me, then again...what fantasy stuff doesn't right?? I grew up hearing about "Blackbeard" and loved Peter Pan/Hook as well. So this movie gave me a glimpse of why I liked pirates to begin with. The first Pirates of the Caribbean was so good, but I felt like it went downhill from there. I didn't like the third one, like at all...it was weird. But least Will Turner got sexy at the end when he was "dead". I'm not a big fan of Penelope Cruz, but I did like her character. But what I liked most about this movie, besides Captain Jack Sparrow of course and Blackbeard, was the mermaids!!
There is something else that I'm obsessed with. I mean come on, my favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid, so I was so happy to see these beautiful creatures. It was creepy to see how they are evil/vampire like though. Not sure if I liked that or not... but hell yea - woman power!! I love the cute mermaid Serena and the love story with Phillip; it was really sweet. And I'm a hopeless romantic, so I love that kind of thing. Overall, I loved this movie and really want to see it again!!

Besides talking about the lovely Pirates, I'm still facing a comment issue with Blogger. Don't get what's going on. It's like the embedded comment page won't work, but the pop-up comment page I can leave comments just fine. It's been going on for a week now, so I'm not sure if it's going to be fixed or not. I keep trying to write a comment, and then it loops to the main page saying "log in." I do so, and then it loops back to the same page once again. I can never leave a comment. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, PLEASE help! Thanks.

PS: I about died seeing the trailer for the next Harry Potter!!! I cannot wait to go opening night like I always do. I am sad however, that it will be all over after part 2. That's a decade right there of loving this series!! Anyone seen Hangover 2 yet? Is it worth seeing??

Have a great Memorial Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. ahhh i totally agree with you, this was one of my favorites and i LOVED the mermaids! the little mermaid is my favorite disney movie too, so in the middle of the mermaid scene my mom goes "well those obviously aren't ariel and her sisters..." haha i thought you might appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the Pirates 4 so bad! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I didn't know that mermaids were such a big part of the new pirates movie-makes me want to see it even more. I have always loved mermaids too and when I was a kid I used to pretend that I was one when I was in the pool haha. In the newer "real people" version of Peter Pan the mermaids were scary too-maybe it's a take off of the sirens in Greek mythology or something? I'm glad that they got rid of Orlando Bloom's character too. Personally the whole story line with him and Keira Knightly bugged me especially because Orlando Bloom's character was such a wimp. But I love me some Jack Sparrow! They filmed many of the scenes from the third movie at the beach here, but I was away at school at the time and was so sad because I would have looovvvedd to try and meet Johnny Depp haha!

    I haven't been having any comment issues so can't help you there, but I got your email and will be writing you back this weekend. Muah!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete