Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let's Get Healthy!

So lately I feel like I'm been down on myself and with life...so instead of just reading positive books, I'm going to get healthy. I used to Greek Dance for about 7 years and it was the greatest workout in the world. But I'm not doing it anymore, so getting my butt into gear to workout is like taking a math test. It's so hard to get motivated, but guess what? I got motivated!! I have worked out every single day this week and I cannot believe what a difference it makes. I've also started eating healthier (a lot more veggies and a lot less carbs). I have always lost weight, but I feel like I wasn't always doing it the "correct" way. I would eat less and work out, but the moment you start eating more, the weight comes right back on. But by monitoring exactly what you are putting in your mouth and keeping up with exercise, well it makes all the difference in the world. Also, drinking a lot of water a day truly does make a difference. Of course you always hear that and try your best, but then you have to pee like crazy. GET OVER IT! You feel fantastic. And it's weird, the moment I started being healthy, I just felt better about everything. It was like I took a positive training seminar or something, but I didn't. I'm sleeping 10 times better and I'm just happy and less stressed. So overall, I would say this week is a huge success.
Something I have had to keep in mind also is that it's not just about getting "skinny" and I think that's what I was doing wrong all the other times. I just wanted to see fast results and I feel like when people get into that mode, that's when you become anorexic or bulimic. I could never do that; I love food way too much! But you need to love yourself. That's something I've been really working with. You need to be proud of your body and work to make the better YOU. You are special and this is the body God gave you, so make the best of it and stop whining (mostly message to myself).

Week One = Success!!
Now let's just go to the beach and work out and I'd be even more of a happy camper!!

3 comments:

  1. It's all about balance and what works for you. I love to eat so I try to eat healthy and work out a couple times a week. Doesn't always happen but at least I'm conscious of it :). You're right that too many girls try to be stick thin and become miserable and unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess I love your blog and this is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skinny isn't always pretty!!!! You're totally right- working out and eating healthy makes you feel better and look better. Plus it's a lot easier to stick with than the lettuce & carrots diet :) we're not bunny rabbits! I've also realized guys prefer boobs and a butt over a sunken in stomach any day....

    ReplyDelete