Tuesday, June 28, 2011

True Blood

First of all, I want to say thank you to those who commented on my last post; it meant a lot and I really appreciate it! Sometimes you have those days that are worse than others, and that's what that was. Things have been looking up though, or maybe it's just my attitude has changed. I'm not going to sit here and say everything from now on will be 100% better, but like I said...things are looking up. I'm going to take each day as it comes. Those comments were really heartfelt and I took the words you all wrote to heart.

Secondly, yes...I'm now a big fan of True Blood. I watched it when it first came out and loved season 1 (it was out on DVD by then). But then once season 2 came out, I realized, "Crap, I don't have HBO." So I somewhat forgot about it. But when I was house sitting for my dad, I got caught up because they have HBO and then people posted the new episodes on YouTube!! It's not my ultimate favorite show like Vampire Diaries is, but I like how there are no restrictions on the show. It actually reminds me of one of my favorite book series that I talk about frequently: Black Dagger Brotherhood. Definitely adult fiction, but it's nice to see a change of pace.

I think it's cute that Sookie and Bill are married in real life, but I'm sorry...she is so much better with Eric. I don't know what it is, the typical romances bore me, I like the romances that are more challenging and they build with time. That's what is going on with Eric and Sookie. Oh and Eric is so sexy! Wow!! I still love Damon Salvatore the most, but for a blond...like I said WOW. I actually liked in the first season when his hair was long...for some odd reason. He was more mysterious and it was more vamp-like in my opinion. I like the hold Sookie has over him; very intriguing.
 Normal life...um yea...no words. He looks so good on this cover! He would look even better with darker hair!
 But with those positives, there are some things I don't like about the show: I don't like how they cry blood (it creeps me out), sometimes it's a little too much to watch - they go overboard on what they show, this is going to be weird and sad that I know this much about vamps...but I don't like how their fangs come out next to the two front teeth; should come out in the canine teeth. But it is accurate that they cannot go in the sunlight at all - I like that they stick to the truth with that even though I do like on Vampire Diaries that they have those rings.

I think sometimes though, that the vampire franchise is going a little overboard. I loved vampires back in the day since Interview with a Vampire with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and I was definitely a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. Yes, I love Twilight, but before there were cool vampires too. It's just crazy that because of Twilight, it's taken off the way it has. I should probably read the True Blood book series because I've heard it's good, but seriously read: Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R Ward. It's really refreshing because it's nothing like I've read before. It portrays vampires in a way that does them justice, yet it's so different that it shocks you! Which by the way, I wrote something to the author J.R Ward last night, and she actually wrote me back! I'm sorry but I think that's awesome. It's like having J.K Rowling write you a letter...okay, maybe not that exciting, but it's pretty far up there. Which speaking of...Harry Potter comes out SO soon! So sad it's the end, but I'm sure I'll have a post about that soon enough.

Ha, I love how my blogs aren't like others. Most girls talk about fashion and what not, and I do love fashion don't get me wrong, but I'd rather be the dork I am and review things I'm really interested in; whether that may be writing, books, movies, TV shows, etc. So stay tuned ;)

Have a good Tuesday!! xo.

3 comments:

  1. I keep hearing great things about that show. I really want to start watching it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love good looking vampires!! i like that you have other posts besides fashion.....gets the mind working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man am I the only person who hasn't seen this show yet? I hadn't really even heard anything about it until last week when a friend mentioned she was watching it. Then another friend of mine told me yesterday she's totally addicted, that it has everything; vampires (of course), violence, passionate sex, romance...and I thought "why am I not watching this?" I'm afraid I'll get hooked.

    I love Vampire Diaries too. If I'm honest I watch it as much for Nina Dobrev (what an exceptionally beautiful girl). My wife really likes Ian Somerhalder, then agan what woman doesn't?

    That's amazing that JR Ward wrote back to you!!

    Fangs for this post. ;)

    ReplyDelete