Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Busy Bee Blogger

Wowza, I cannot believe I haven't written since last week! That's really bad for me; I usually write at least twice a week. Shame, shame on me! But honestly, lately has been extremely busy and finding the time to write on the blog has become scarce.

I had such a fantastic weekend though!! My older brother, sister-in-law, and the two cutest nephews in the world were in town from Idaho - so I spent so much time with them. Also, on the 24th, it's a Utah Holiday. The pioneers settled that day Days of 47' it's called. So it was BBQ galore and fireworks once again.

My family and I went to an amusement park in SLC called Lagoon. It's nothing compared Six Flags or anything, but it's still fun. Here are some pictures from my lovely weekend!! We were also celebrating my nephew Jaxon's 2nd birthday :)

 (Don't worry, it's Root Beer)
 Then on the...well yesterday, because for some reason in Utah they decided to celebrate the 24th on the 25th, I went to a BBQ at my Aunt's house and did some fireworks with my cousins and our friend Lex!!
(worst Sparkler in the history of Sparklers)
(And the rain begins...)
 (Expecto Patronum!! Couldn't resist...)
 (And it continues...stupid rain!!)
 The rain wouldn't let up, so instead we ate delicious ice-cream in waffle bowls; the ice-cream was Pineapple Coconut - seriously, to die for!! Then for some reason we started talking about scary stuff, and Paranormal Activity came up. I haven't seen any of them because that stuff freaks me out...a lot, even though I'm weird and love to watch Ghost Adventures all the time! It interests me, but freaks me out! Demonic stuff is a whole different level and that's why Paranormal Activity turns me off so much. They showed me the scene from the first one when the girl stands up for like three hours over the guy's bed...um yea. So of course last night I couldn't sleep and every time I woke up, I refused to look beside my bed!! ONE SCENE and I was that scared. Pathetic really, but true!

Sad story though to go along with that: this weekend when my family was in town, my sister-in-law was holding Jaxon, and they were next to all these pictures, and he pointed to them and said "papa" that's what they used to call Greg before he died. Greg was sad because he didn't think Jaxon would ever remember him. So we were all surprised, and she took him closer to the picture and asked where he was, and he pointed directly to him in the pictures. I'm so happy that he will remember Greg. I really miss him lately, but I felt his presence while they were here. It was definitely a happy feeling; nothing to be frightened over.

Now for the exciting tale!! I watched Magic Beyond Words: A J.K Rowling Story, on Lifetime this weekend. Let's just say it really inspired me to really get rolling on my writing!! J.K Rowling is one of my favorite authors because she created such a magical world--that's seriously something I hope to do someday. Well that day came sooner than I thought. I have been trying to force myself to create a story...I wrote some stuff but never stuck with it, because I wasn't excited about it and like I said, it felt way too forced. But then something just clicked, I cannot explain it, but it was amazing. It was there in front of me from the beginning. You can use examples from your every day life and your past! It's something that has never been done with fantasy fiction as of yet...I'm sure once I'm finishing my book it will have been done. I don't want to give too many details - not just yet, but I'm really getting down to writing and let me tell you, this is the one. I'll definitely talk about it more - so keep your eyes and ears open for it!!!

Anyways, have a great Tuesday bloggers!! xo.

6 comments:

  1. We had almost the same post title! haha I guess I'm not the only busy one :)
    Great photos. I love that grey and red dress you have on.
    I want to write more, i never find the time to :/ I should go to one of those writer's camps where you're secluded in the woods for a week or two with no technology haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest style! Looks like a blast of a weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! I need to watch that Jk Rowling Story!! :D Sounds awesome! I'm so sad that I missed the 24th of July (and all of the other fun Summer Utah holidays). :( And that is so sweet that Jaxon remembered is papa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun! :) You're so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower of yours! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    I was also Greek in college, and a cousin of mine was a Pi Phi @ Baylor!
    Panhellenic love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute BB! Love the red sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete