Thursday, July 14, 2011

"I Open at the Close"

Those remarkable words were written on the snitch that Harry caught as a seeker in his first game of Quidditch. I honestly cannot believe the end of an era happens at midnight tonight...wow. I'm full of mixed emotions clearly. I think the Harry Potter series will honestly have such a special place in my heart and be one of my favorite books forever. It was what truly made me love reading in the first place; how can I not respect that? I hope to someday be as amazing as J.K Rowling, but it doesn't seem likely because she is one of the most epic writers of our day, among so many others. I think what amazes me about J.K though, is that she created such an imaginative, creative, magical world that lived only in our minds. She expanded the norm up until that point and paved the way for future aspiring authors out there. When they brought this series to the big screen, it exceeded my expectations to the fullest! Yes, they have changed things and left parts out, but for the most part, they did the series justice and I'm truly thankful for that. Honestly I think a big reason why I've loved the movies so much, is because they did excellent in choosing who would play the characters. The cast members made this movie, especially the "trio."
I feel as though we watched Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson grow up; a part of us has. We watched them enter their first year as nothing more than children, and then they battled Voldermort for the first time. The path they took after that was a long journey, but it ended so wonderfully. Daniel is such an amazing Harry Potter and I can't imagine anyone portraying it as well as he could, as well as Emma for Hermione and that beautiful ginger that I love so much: Rupert playing Ron. A job well done to the trio. I'll miss watching them...but least their characters will live in my head forever and we can put the movie in at anytime!
You stop and look at these characters that J.K made up all those years ago, and you feel as though you know them. Harry with his on-going bravery, Hermione with her intelligence, and Ron, oh Ron with his wit, humor and love for his friends. Harry had to endure more than any child should have to go through, but I think with those barriers he faced, it can make the non-fiction world seem bearable, even through the tough times. I do think that J.K killed off more people than was necessary, but that's just my opinion.

While I'm on the subject of the Trio, I have to admit one of the scenes I cannot wait for is the big kiss between Hermione and Ron. I know it was awkward as hell for Rupert and Emma, but as Ron and Hermione, it was the most epic moment between the two that was building since book three. They are hands down my favorite couple in the series and I was just waiting for a moment like that. So cannot wait!!
Leaving the Trio for a minute, the other part in the final book that I honestly thought besides Harry dueling Voldermort, Bellatrix getting her ass kicked by Mrs. Weasley, the sad losses of Fred, Lupin and Tonks...plus everyone else who died, was the storyline of Severus Snape.

From the very beginning, I knew he was a complex character. When he killed Dumbledore, I thought it was all staged and Dumbledore wasn't truly dead. I didn't believe Snape was evil; it would be too easy that way and J.K is no dummy. It's easy to dislike him, especially in the books because he obviously has it out for Harry, and even though I was wrong about Dumbledore dying, I was right about Snape in the end. But the memories of Snape and who he really is...well let's just say I never saw that coming and that's proof right there that J.K is an epic and timeless writer. Severus Snape had loved Lily Evans ever since they were children! Um what?? Where did that come from? It honestly threw me for a loop but I have re-read that more than any part in any book. When Snape is dying on the floor and his last words are "Look at me..." well did anyone have a dry eye? Because I certainly didn't. At first when I read it I was like hmmm sad...but after reading about his past, that part became so emotional. The last thing he wanted to see before he took his final breathe, was Lily's emerald eyes. *tear* Plus it also makes sense that why in Book 5, that the one chapter is called, "Snape's Worst Memory." It wasn't because James and Sirius teased him like I originally thought, it was because he called Lily a "mudblood." Their friendship was never the same after that and it tore him apart. Even after he refused anyone to use that horrible label. One of the saddest parts for me in his memory, is when you realize Harry has to die, and Dumbledore says, "After all this time?"Snape: "Always." When asked if he cares about Harry and he says, "For him?" And produces Lily's patronus which was a doe. *extra tears* So their epic story, well that's the part I am dying to see and they better have left it mostly identical to the book or I'll be mad!
Everyone plays their part in this book so magically, even Neville Longbottom who is the one who takes Nagini's head (which I seriously loved)! The whole "19 years later" will definitely be interesting and hopefully it will help me decipher which kid belongs to whom ;) it was a little confusing in the book.

Tears, laughter, and overall happiness will be the emotions that run through me during the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It's an end of an era; something so magical that it will always live in me forever...because the true love in our life lives on. I can't express though, that I am sad when thinking of my step-father Greg. He had read all the books and loved both the series and the movies. He had scene every movie, even the last one when he could no longer speak or move, even a little bit. We were so hoping he'd be here to share the last and final movie with us, but he isn't. I'm sure he'll be watching in spirit. But I'll be thinking of him tonight and hopefully that magical world exists as heaven.

I know this is a long post, but I had to express my obsession somehow. Expect another one for the "review" of the movie most likely tomorrow (if I'm not dying of sleep deprivation ) or the next day.

If you are seeing Harry Potter tonight then... wakdjfa;lskdjfa;dkfj!! <--- pure excitement.

 Enjoy :) xo.

PS: I'm leaving some quotes from the Harry Potter series - can't help it:

HARRY

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me." 

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically. 

"It's just hard," Harry said finally, in a low voice, "to realize he won't write me again."

"Dumbledore's man through and through," said Harry. "That's right." 

"She's Ron's sister.
But she's ditched Dean!
She's still Ron's sister.
I'm his best mate!
That'll make it worse.
If I talked to him first-
He'd hit you.
What if I don't care?
He's your best mate!

"Severus Snape wasn't yours," said Harry. "Snape was Dumbledores, Dumbledores from the moment you started hunting down my mother..." 

"Snapes patronus was a doe. The same as my mothers, because he loved her for nearly all his life, from the time when they were children. You should have realised. "De asked you to spare her life, didn't he?" 

RON

"Viktor? Hasn't he asked you to call him Vicky yet?" 

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow,
Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." 

"Accio Brain!"

"Ron, we're supposed to show the first-years where to go!"
"Oh, yeah," said Ron, who had obviously forgotten. "Hey-hey you lot! Midgets!"
"Ron!"
"Well, they are, they're twitchy..." 

"What's that?" said Ron, pointing at a large dish of some sort of shellfish stew that stood beside a large steak-and-kidney pudding.
"Bouillabaisse," said Hermione.
"Bless you," said Ron. 

"It would've been so easy to push Malfoy off a glacier and make it look like an accident.."

"I love you, Hermione." 

"IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I'LL KILL YOU HARRY!" 

"If you're not in Gryffindor we'll disinherit you, but no pressure." 


HERMIONE 


"No," she said, her voice quivering with anger, "but I will write to your mother." 


"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." 


"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!" 


"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?" 


"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good is it? I've tried a few simple spells myself and they've all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, it's the best school of witchcraft there is I've heard - I've learned all the course books by heart of course. I just hope it will be enough - I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" 


"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed."


"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet." 


"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." 


"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"



"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?" 


"You-complete-arse-Ronald-Weasley!" 


DUMBLEDORE 


"Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love." 


"By all means continue destroying my possessions. I daresay I have too many."


"I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me... Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." 


"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." 


"Fear of a name increases fear of a thing itself."


"I don't need a cloak to become invisible." 


"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."


"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." 


"Alas! Ear wax!" 


"I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you." 


"It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." 


"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends." 


"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." 


"Severus...please..." 


“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.” 


“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” 



SNAPE


"Harry Potter - Our new celebrity." 


"You have a habit of turning up in unexpected places, Potter, and you are very rarely there for no good reason." 


"Another ten points from Gryffindor. I would expect nothing more sophisticated from you, Ronald Weasley, the boy so solid he cannot Apparate half an inch across a room." 


"Oh, very good," interrupted Snape, his lip curling. "Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'


"DON'T CALL ME A COWARD!" 


"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure." 


"Look...at...me..." he [Snape] whispered.
The green eyes found the black, but after a second, something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, bland, and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more. 



"Always." 

4 comments:

  1. I love Harry potter so much and love this post! Ah!! I can't wait to see it but i might have to wait a few more weeks. :( because I'm in Alaska and no one here that I know cares. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I don't think I can go alone. hermione has always been my favorite and I was even told I looked like her all the time growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HP!!! omg i don't want it to end, i'm going to cry and be so sad! You summed it up so well in your post, i planned to do one tomorrow! I'm not seeing it until tomorrow night. It is an era. We grew up with it, just as the movie characters did, I think that's what makes it so special. I cried like 3 times in the last movie so I think this will be worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trio was definitely well cast, and they will be missed :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter was amazing! I went to the premier and loved it! We dressed in character :)

    http://www.kirstenjoywilson.com/2011/07/harry-potter-premier.html

    ReplyDelete