Monday, August 15, 2011

Bear Lake

I haven't written in a while (last Monday to be exact) and that's just crazy to me, because what I do 24/7 is write...write oh and did I fail to mention write some more? It's probably because I've been so stinking busy! I got back from Bear Lake a couple days ago and had such an amazing time with my family; it was very much needed and I can't wait to go back again. 

 Here is a video I took when we were on the jet-ski! I was worried it would get ruined...it didn't ;) Sorry, it gets bumpy - but least you get the full affect of riding on it. Oh how I love those brilliant machines.
It was nice to get away (the only vacation I have been on this entire summer) and spend that quality time with my family. I actually wrote a lot while I was away; perfect opportunity to really think about my story. I have to say though, I miss going in our camper (which we gave to my older brother). I thought I'd be more emotional on this trip thinking of my step-father, but instead, I just thought of all the good times we shared up in Bear Lake. He'll always be remembered.

Coming back though, there have been some trials that have been hard. My good friend's mother, who my mom went to high school with, and who is the kindest woman in the world, has been battling cancer for five years now. She went in remission a year ago, but then it returned. It's not even stable anymore; she slipped into a coma yesterday and it doesn't look good. It's just so hard to watch someone you love suffer, and I know how that feels. It makes me angry beyond belief, that these wonderful people have to go through this kind of pain. I keep praying for her and their family...I just hope it's enough.

On a brighter note, I'm going to 311 and a Sublime concert on Wednesday with the girls - so that will be exciting. And on Friday (depending if there is a funeral or not) I might be going to Vegas to see Garth Brooks. My dad has tickets and told me to bring a friend and let's go for a couple of days. Sounds like a great ending to a rather uneventful summer. Then again, it was eventful in the sense I finished school (even though I have no idea what to do now). I'm excited my little brother is starting up at the University of Utah and is moving in the dorms this weekend. Aw...where does the time go? It definitely goes by fast.

I finally got pictures from my mom and found a few cute ones I hadn't ever seen!! So I'm going to post some and say "Have a great Monday everyone!!"

4 comments:

  1. I'll be sending positive thoughts towards your good friend's mother. I hate to hear that something like that is happening to someone so wonderful. :)

    Bear Lake looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her and her family and friends in my prayers. :)

    It looks like you had a blast in Bear Lake! Bear lake is always fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures BB! It looks like you had such a fun time! What are your plans now that you have graduated? And the picture with you and your dad at Christmas is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your dress the red skirt with the grey top very adorable!

    ReplyDelete