Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Show Must Go On

It wasn't a surprise that last week was hard, not only for Nancy's family but for me. I felt as though I was re-living the death of my step-father and that was truly draining. However there was a silver lining in the fact that I met Ally Condie, author of Matched last week at Utah's public library. It was amazing to meet someone in the "writing" world and she gave me some great advice. I posted a whole blog post about it on my new (aspiring author) blog: The Written Word - and by the way, I'm going to be annoyingly trying to promote that page because I really want to start a writing workshop and for others to give input on my novels. So please follow and go to that page - tell me what you all think :) Thanks!

This weekend was quite the adventure...as it usually is in Vegas. My dad called me on Thursday and asked if I wanted to go see Garth Brooks in Vegas with him and my cute step-mom Kim. He got a bunch of tickets and we were going to be staying at the Bellagio...um, yes please! Sign me up. I love country, actually I love all types of music, and Garth is just a country legend. It was a great show (even though he didn't sing many of his songs). As I sat there watching him perform, I thought about how an ordinary person can turn their life into something amazing and different from the typical "norm." Who says I can't become a bestselling author? Because I truly think if you have the talent and take the time to accomplish your goals...you can make anything happen. That's what I intend to do.

Overall, it was a fabulous trip; even met football legend Dick Butkus (I'm sorry but I think his last name is hilarious). We went to some fabulous restaurants and shopping. I got an adorable rain jacket that is from H&M and has to do with their "London-line" - which makes me love it even more and I bought a Fossil white watch that I've been dying to have for some time now.
So here is a picture overload of my lovely Vegas weekend:
Water-wall in Wynn (amazing)

Garth's guitar - we had to put cameras away when he came out

Chicago's Dick Buckus 

I love my Red Sox :)
My childhood friend...trying to get money...
Inside of Bellagio - amazing
Portrait made of flowers
Always wanted a greenhouse like this
Amazing ceiling of Bellagio...amazes me every time 

Margaritaville 
Picked a tin with typewriter on it...seemed appropriate :)
New watch - I'm in love

I hope you all had an amazing weekend as well and I was also going to say thank you. Thank you for the kind comments on my last post. It's never easy to lose someone you love, but with good friends, family and faith, I believe you can prosper and move forward in life. God bless you all! 


By the way, I have to add that my little brother Landon starts college at the University of Utah (just like his big sis). Aw. I'm a proud sister and hope he has an amazing adventure like I had! He's the greatest. It's weird that school is starting up tomorrow, and this is the first time since preschool I'm not returning...not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I should just go straight to grad-school...hem hem...*think about it for a minute*...nah, I'll go back in a few years for my masters ;) If anyone is going back to school, GOOD LUCK this year!

xo.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
    I love your dress!
    http://tiasauraus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked hot in Vegas BB! How fun that your dad took you on a spontaneous trip to see Garth. The Bellagio is the best! Glad you are getting back into the groove of things after the tragedy you went through last week. It's not fair that you have had to go through everything that has happened. But you are so talented and I just know that great things are in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great Vegas weekend. You deserve to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this post has me craving Vegas like CRAZY!! I used to live an hour and a half away and we'd pop down there all the time!
    You look SO good in these pictures! Glad you had a fun weekend down there :)
    Oh and we are Red Sox lovers as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments girls :) And yay Courtney for being Red Sox lovers!!

    ReplyDelete