Tuesday, September 13, 2011

5 Months - On My Mind

Today you've been gone for 5 months now. And so I wrote you a poem Greg. It's short, but it's how I feel. I miss you so much it hurts. I love you. My step-father passed away 5 months ago today and finally lost his battle to ALS. This post is dedicated to him: Gregory William Sprinkel. 
On My Mind
There isn't a day when you aren't on my mind.
The answers I shall never find.
The missing void in my heart is yet to be filled. 
 I know it never will.
I just wish I could hear your voice again. 
But I know I never will.
I just wish I could embrace you once again.
But I know I never will. 
I know you're in a better place. 
I only wish I could see your face. 
The suffering is finally gone. 
The whole ordeal was just so wrong. 
I know your looking down on me.
However, it's something I won't ever see. 
But I know you're with me. 
Promise me you'll never leave. 
Sometimes I wonder when this will all get easier...and a lot of time I feel like it never will. We've actually felt his presence lately and it gives me good feelings, but it also scares me somewhat. In my downstairs "bar" area, there was a light turned on and a bar stool moved out and turned. Neither my mom nor I went down there...I know I shouldn't be afraid, because if it is Greg, then that should be a comfort. I just want to know he's at peace. 
Here is another poem that I didn't write, but I love and it really captures how I'm feeling today:

Wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again.
I thought of you today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.
I think of you in silence,
I often speak your name.
All I have are memories and a picture in a frame.
Your memory is a keepsake,
From which I'll never part.
God has you in his arms.
I have you in my heart. 
Maybe one day it will all make sense. Maybe one day it will all get easier. 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. I'm sorry you have to go through all this pain though. Know that he is no longer suffering and is watching over you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are truly amazing!

    i loved your poem.
    Don't ever forget that he
    is your angel now. He is
    watching over you at all times.


    :) positive thoughts to you love!



    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry for your loss, it never gets easier and he sounds like a wonderful man. beautiful poem and tribute to him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are two beautiful poems. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose someone so close to you. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss. The poem is beautiful.

    http://bohemiandaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. Means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! So sorry for your loss! I know that it has to be tough, beautiful poems! I'm sure he is looking down on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a really lovely post, I can't imagine losing someone so close, but I am sorry that you have gone through it. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete