Monday, September 12, 2011

Greek Festival 2011

I'm Greek & very proud of it!

I love having the Greek culture in my life - it defines who I am. The annual SLC Greek Festival took place this weekend, and it wasn't short of a good time. Every year it keeps getting better and better. I used to dance, and I finally after 10 years, quit two years ago. But that doesn't keep me from going, no sire e. I go and support my culture by working at the festival, supporting my old dance group Dionysios, and hang with my friends. 

Don't get me wrong, I miss dancing every time I see them all on stage, but I did my time and it's time to let the youngsters take the glory which is rightfully theirs when they're on the stage. 

Here are some old pictures back from 2007 and the years after that of my "glory days." 
Family 
On the News!
Playing a prank on the boys (notice food)
The Main Girls
The Mouse Trap Clan
Even looking at those pictures bring back memories and it makes me smile. I have so many...way too many, but with those pictures, it somewhat sums all those years up.

This year had just as many fantastic pictures. We went out to all the fun bars and got our grove on, also watched the Utes play USC even though we lost (blah). I also did the ovarian cancer run, mostly for Nancy, but it was something that I was so happy to do.

Actually we had an all time record on Thursday night, for the most amount of people attending the Greek Festival; that's a big deal!

So here we go - picture time!!

GREEK FESTIVAL 2011
Until next year...

With the good...does however come the sad. Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of September 11th. It's a day that none of us will ever forget. When I got home from the long weekend, I watched some tributes with my mom - it still breaks my heart, and there is no way to watch those with dry eyes. We will never forget those brave souls and the American Pride that was built that day we crumbled. We are still fighting for justice, and I know that the remembrance of that day will bring us together once again.

Hope you all had an amazing weekend just like I did :)

PS: Look at the cute necklace I got from etsy:
The writer in me absolutely loves it!

xo.

8 comments:

  1. looks like you had so much fun!
    i love the pictures ..
    and cute necklace!!


    kisses from california
    follow me <3
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, what a cute necklace!
    Second, your weekend looks like it was a blast. I am not Greek but that festival looks so cool. And I love that you used to dance in it. I wish I had danced more when I was younger. I took a class my senior year of high school and loved it but before that I hadn't thought about it much. I focused on other things. But I still love dancing just because of that one class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! I love your blog! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! :) I love your new blog design!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! I liked greek food a lot the one time I had it lol

    I miss my dance team too!! I want to see a video of you Greek dancing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete