Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Totally Random Tuesday

So sometimes I just like to post, even though I don't have much to say. First of all I wanted to say thank you to all of you lovely bloggers! It makes me so happy that you are liking my blog; just to let you all know, I love yours as well! I love the variety you see with everyone's blog. It really shines your personality and I love that they are all different!! Can't wait to meet more of you! Also, cute Gentri Lee, mentioned me in her blog today so thank you for that hun! Also, she and some others are organizing a Utah Party for all bloggers! I'm so excited for this. I would love to meet these amazing bloggers in real life; how exciting is that??
Such a fabulous idea if you ask me!
Any other bloggers from Utah, give me a holler! I would love to meet and see the blogs of people who live in my area. It's just so fun that way! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love getting to know others from around the world, but knowing that you could potentially make real-life-friends from your blog, is just so exciting!
I was given this award today from Gentri, so I'm supposed to give 7 facts about me. So here it goes:
  1. My last name is spelled Ruud and pronounced "Rude" Yes...I've gotten a lot of crap over the years for it, but I truly love my last name. 
  2. I'm proud to be Greek and love my culture.
  3. I'm ambidextrous - write and eat with my left hand, everything else with my right.
  4. Mexican food is my favorite...the spicier, the better (Cholula).
  5. I'm an aspiring author hoping to one day be published. 
  6. I graduated college and want to pursue Elementary Education
  7. I'm a hopeless romantic who is a huge believer in fate: I know he's out there somewhere. 
Now I'm supposed to share it with some other bloggers so here we go:

Autumn is officially here! The leaves are changing in my backyard, on the mountain, down the street, in Park City, etc. The weather is getting that nice crisp feel, and the fashion is definitely changing.

I just love posting pictures that have to do with fall...I post them a lot (mainly because it's my favorite season, besides spring).
Look how awesome this cake is!
Pumpkins are my favorite :) Especially pumpkin pie!
Apple cider mmm...
Such a cool photo shoot!!
My weakness
I went fall shopping with my good friend Jenna, and she's like a fashion fiend. I do like fashion, don't get me wrong. But I wish I loved it as much as some girls! Instead, I'd rather my friends help me pick out cute stuff and then I put it on :) I love writing and teaching...so that's what I spend my time doing!
I'm loving this bright orange scarf!
I love this gray top and the boots
I want this sweater
Again with loving the scarf! I'm a scarf type of girl I suppose
 I just love the colors of fall: the neutral colors that consist of: brown, burgundy, rust, orange, etc. These nail colors are great for fall as well:
This is random (but hey it's a random post) but I love these Mason Jars! Look at all the great things you can do with them! I just love getting creative. It's something I strive to do. 
 I hung out with my girls last night (Jaussolexina - inside joke), and we went to an adorable old-fashioned Hollywood restaurant called Sunset Boulevard Cafe. They serve the best grilled cheeses in town - they have about 10 different kinds! Delicious. We were also joking around that it would be so fun to all live together. Problem is all of the girls, except my good friend Lex, lives already on their own. So I think I should just move out with Lex! We would be the night owls that never sleep. And probably just watch Twilight and read books...and eat grilled cheeses till the sun came up!
Then we went to look at the Halloween store to get ideas. I don't want to spill quite yet what we're being, but it's absolutely BRILLIANT!! I've wanted to do it for years, but never did...I'm just so excited. The idea is so original - we won't have to worry about anyone being a double!

After that we went to see Lion King 3D. I can't help watch it and not think of Jonathan Taylor Thomas...most likely because I used to have a huge crush on him when he was on Home Improvement!! Also, it's cool because I met him back in the day, and Stephanie from Full House (my other favorite show). I seriously miss the early 90's!! Look how cute JTT is recording the voice for Simba:
It would be so fun to be a voice for a character!
Alright, and I tried my hardest, I really did...but when Mufasa died, I still cried! Ah. And I cried when Simba goes on top of Pride Rock at the very end to take the throne. Just gives you the chills. 
I felt as though I was 7 years old again sitting in that seat, and probably acted like it to as I sang out loud every single song - whoops! I don't care though. How can a person not sing to "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" ?? It's impossible.

I just miss these old school Disney movies. I love Pixar, don't get me wrong, and the Princess and the Frog was great, but the old movies were classics: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin...oh man, my favorites!

Have to put a picture of the real Simba...isn't he adorable? I want one!
My new job yesterday at Bricks 4 Kidz went really well! It was fantastic working with children again, or shall I say...15 boys 1st-3rd grade! They love building and learning and I love teaching. Sometimes I forget how much I truly love it. College sometimes takes that spark away from you. But I need to become a real teacher, not a side-job. But it can be really difficult being a new college graduate. Yet, I'm still applying everywhere-so not giving up!!

I've asked on my writing blog: The Written Word, but is anyone really into writing, and I don't mean just blogging? Like aspiring author writing? Because if you are, please head over to my new blog and check it out. I really need a critique group for my novels I'm writing, and I want it to be the real deal. Even if you aren't into writing, and are obsessed with reading like I am as well, please still head over to my other blog. I do a lot of reviews on books and authors that I love! So that way you can always have new material. But I have to suggest some books right now that you have to read:
  • Harry Potter Series (obviously)
  • Twilight Series
  • The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
  • The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R Ward
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
These are my favorite books right now (and have been for quite some time), so if you haven't read any of these, please do so! You won't be disappointed. 

Last, but certainly not least, Glee season 3 premieres tonight!! 
I cannot wait. I'm obsessed with this show, mainly because I love the music...and Darren Criss shhh. I'm just so excited that the winners of the Glee project: Samuel & Damian are going to be guest starring. I loved both of them from the beginning, and I kept hoping that there would be two winners! I heard, Lindsey is going to be singing tonight on episode one. Meh. She has a good voice, but she bugged the crap out of me! 
Well how was that for a random Tuesday post?? I think it went...rather well ;) I hope you all have an amazing day!! 

xo.

16 comments:

  1. I am loving this autumn post! i absolutely live for autumn :) your blog is super cute p.s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I found your blog from Sloanbook! I am so happy that you will be coming to the blogger meet up:)
    Also, I am so happy that you watched the glee project, because I totally did too! I love samuel and damian!

    all of your autumn-inspired pictures are so fun. It makes me excited to jump right in to all things fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my love!! :)
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    you made my day!! <3

    how cute is this post
    your fall pictures i love
    every single one ..

    now let's see .. where to start
    i want to go watch the Lion King 3D
    brings a lot of childhood memories
    in Argentina, i know i am going to
    end up crying like a baby haha

    Congrats on your new job .. i
    wanted to be a teacher myself
    but i really want to be a cop
    that's like my dream job :)
    You look like you would be a great
    teacher :) so don't give up love!

    I can't wait for Halloween!
    I think my sister and I will be
    Mario and Louigi haha how cute!
    We going to look really funny

    Once again love :) thanks for
    the award .. ill post it up
    tomorrow <3<3


    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg finally someone else who liked the glee project! my friends thought i was super dorky because i recorded every ep like a maniac. hehe. i really loved hannah (and alex totally gave me chills when he sang). damian = adorable and i'm not crazy about lindsey either! she was sort of a snob. :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!! I'm from Utah (West Jordan to be exact), so I must check this out. ^_^ I just came across your blog from Talk2TheTrees' comment section. It's adorable! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSS i am super excited about fall too! AND i really want to see lion king in 3D. wish they would re-release Aladdin and Peter Pan too. maybe someday?! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you mentioned the Glee premier tonight! I would have missed it!! Whew. haha! I'm so excited for the blogger meet up! Whoot whoot! :D And I'm super jealous that you saw Lion King in 3D! Not that I like 3D, it just gives me a headache, but I'd love to see Lion King in theaters again. :) it'd make me feel like a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooove this fall post. I'm actually kind of getting in the mood for some fall-ness. I wore a shrug scarf to work today and was smiling from ear to ear. Thanks for your comment on my blog - you're a doll. I SOOOO wish I was going to be able to make it to Gentri's meet-up, but I have plans with my family and man that night. :( I'm so sad. I asked Gentri if we could make this a regular thing because I would so love to meet all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright, alright. You have me all excited for fall now, and I've really been trying to be a grump about it :) I'm so NOT ready for summer to be over yet! Oh well.
    I am so bummed, I will be out of town until Saturday so I'm not going to be able to make it to the meet up. Ah!! I wanted to go so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whaat?! I wish I was in Utah so that I could be apart of this Utah Bloggers meet...a-ma-zing!
    and you have me sooo beyond excited for Fall!! aaaah.....I love everything about this season!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! You keep getting me so excited for the fall! And thanks for the award!! :] You are so sweet! Also, SOOOO SOOOO excited for Glee! I won't be able to watch it til tomorrow but it will be the best! Oh, and that nailpolish designing stuff is to DIE for! Thanks for sharing all of this awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey girl i'm all about random! :) and this post was filled with all sorts of goodness!
    - i hope to make it to the utah bloggers meetup too! :)
    - congrats on the fun award!
    - all those autumn-ish photos put a huge smile on my face :)
    - and i have no doubt i'd cry if I watched Lion King again! which I hope to see before it leaves theaters :)

    xoxo
    haley

    PS - thanks so so much for your sweet note on our exciting news! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the award. I watched Glee last night too. I wasn't overly impressed with Lindsay's performance though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how all the bloggers are talking about Fall traditions, photos, fashion. So fun!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is full of Autumn goodness! Off to bookmark some!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post :) I adore fall too, its the best along with spring!! Lovely and warm pictures, love them all!! Thank you so much for coming by my blog & leaving a sweet comment, I appreciate it & hope you'll come again!! Wish you a wonderful week flower! xx Kizzy :)

    ReplyDelete