Friday, September 2, 2011

When September Comes

Well we're in September and with that comes fall which I absolutely LOVE! Yesterday was so fun: GAME DAY. The Utes dominated...of course, and it was great to see people I haven't seen in forever. So mad I didn't take more pictures though.
So sorry for all the pictures of...me, but I liked my hair & my U sticker ;) And then the ones with the little boys cracked me up. It was in the tailgating lot and the boys were so small in those huge chairs.

Overall, great night and a great start to a fabulous season.

The Pi Phi's did awesome too; got 49 new girls in the pledge class!! Yay.
Look how cute they are - the baby angels
I cannot wait to meet these girls, and share a thing or two ;) It's so weird being an alumni. I really miss college, especially after yesterday. It's awesome too, because my brother got into the fraternity Sigma Chi (the one he wanted), so it's fun that we can share this experience with one another. Congrats Landon!!

Not everything can always be so wonderful though...my mom just told me a story about an openly gay man who was almost beaten to death last Friday. Here is the link to the story. It honest to God breaks my heart. This poor boy...there aren't even words. It just infuriates me beyond belief that people could be so cruel and horrible to another human being. How? Just how? These four guys better be found; that's all I have to say about that. The poor guy doesn't have any insurance, and his hospital bills were over $30,000 - so Zion's Bank opened a fund for him and my family is definitely going to donate money to him.

Why is there such darkness in the world? I truly don't understand it.

But there is love with that as well. And I love this quote by Dr. Seuss:
Enough about that though, just depresses me. I posted on my other blog about a new program that helps writers. It's called Scrivener. It used to be just for Mac but now it's for Windows as well. It really is awesome, and helps me keep my work organized. Great writing tool! So you should all check it out if you are interested in pursuing writing.
The temperature outside is so wonderful; that nice cool, crisp air that I love so much. Which is a blessing, because Utah was starting to get way too hot. Now let's see the beautiful leaves change colors and carve those pumpkins, and I'll be a happy clam :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. You look so cute! It's a good thing to like pictures of yourself. :) I heard about that story, so sad. I don't understand how people can be so mean. And I'm loving this weather too. Warm enough, but not too hot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sad story! i can't believe people can be filled with so much hate for such silly reasons! AndI love that quote by Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that story is so sad. Really makes me upset to hear things like that. Thanks for bringing to our attention.

    I hope you are having a nice weekend otherwise.

    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi love!
    thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    you look super cute with your
    curled hair :)

    i really like your blog, i'll
    definitely be following you

    i hope you do the same

    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment:)

    I love the pic of those little sweeties in their giant chairs. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend! Also you look super good! I love your makeup {tutorial?} and your hair and your cute U sticker! Have a great week! Oh, and that picture of the little boys in the huge chairs is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thanks Emma for all the nice compliments :)

    ReplyDelete