Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Positivity: The Way To Live

Question for you readers: Have you read The Secret? The Power? Quantum Success? Well if you have, they all have something in common: the law of attraction.
Every time I read one of these books, even just a few pages, I'm reminded on what it means to be positive; to control your conscious state.

The Secret once stated that negative thoughts attract more negative thoughts. Here is another question: Have you ever started a day off bad, and then progressively it continues to get worse? Yea, so have I. And I had one of those days on Monday. Every thing that happened that day was terrible. I was upset and angry and just wanted the day to be over.

What was the main thought going through my head that day? Negativity. That was it. I tried yesterday to wake up and say ten things I loved about my life and that I was thankful for. If a negative thought came swirling in my mind, I quickly changed it. So how did yesterday turn out? 100% difference.

I'm a firm believer in positive thinking; if you aren't aware though what you're thinking, it can quickly spiral into negative thoughts and you won't even realize you're doing it.

Think about your day right now...if it's a great day, then you must be on track. If it's not...then revaluate the thoughts that are coursing through your head. If it is negativity in your mind - CHANGE IT. Right now! People don't realize that they are the main piece to the puzzle and you can move that puzzle around  anyway you see fit. So make your day a better one.

I've been haunted by negative thoughts lately, and it's been draining me. I don't want to feel that way. Because I look out my window and see the leaves changing in the most beautiful yellow orange color. How can I not be thankful when I see that type of beauty that surrounds me? With every negative thought, I've been trying to add at least three positive ones to push it out.
The beautiful mountain right behind my house.
Look at those colors!
In the book Quantum Success that I'm reading right now, it asks if you feel like you are on a treadmill just walking and not getting anywhere; that every day you are just living each second and doing the same routine. It's not truly living and I actually had tears in my eyes as I read that paragraph because that's how I've been feeling lately. It's as if this book came at the perfect time.

Life is what we make it. So make it a good one.
By the way...if I could be doing anything right now, I would want to be here and be reading these positive books right now:
Perfection
Hope you enjoyed my ramblings of positivity today. Please share your thoughts!!! Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love both those quotes! Positivity is always the best and I love that you are firm believer in it...as am I! Such a great post!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quotes! I totally agree about making your day what you want it to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post. I struggle with the negative thoughts from time to time - they just seem so consuming. And it's true, negativity breeds negativity, and then you end up in such a bad mood that you can't get out!

    HAPPY THOUGHTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Secret and The Power. Haven't read Quantum Success yet. They are such great books on showing us how to live a happy life, and how it really is our choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote by Campbell! :) So true and so needed every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, so true. And I love that second quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last photo it is gorgeous and it looks so peaceful!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  8. your quotes are always the best
    and i totally understand you love

    i been so busy too
    new job
    new schedule new everything
    and i barely have time to sit down
    blog read blogs and get back
    to everyone ...


    but hey !
    we gotta take a step at a time
    and enjoy what we have here :D


    happy Tuesday love!



    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete