Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today in SLC Utah

Reporting from Salt Lake City Utah today...well, um, I thought we had four seasons; we used to have four seasons (past tense). Instead of describing "fall/autumn" (my favorite season btw), I'll show you what our beautiful fall day looks like today:
Yes, your eyes are working just fine people. Snow. Wait...I thought this was fall? Hmm..is it actually almost Christmas? No. THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING MOTHER NATURE?! 


Am I upset by this? Yes. Am I surprised by this? Nope.

Living in Utah this is what we get: hot dry summers / long cold miserable winters (sorry for being a Debby Downer, not a fan of winter).

Don't get me wrong, I love snow...for Christmas, and then skiing in January. But Utahans get royally screwed now with the once four seasons. We never get spring anymore...and barely did get a summer this year. It was cold rain every single day. Felt as though I lived in Washington or Oregon. I swear our weather is bipolar. This Monday the temperature outside was 83 degrees. Yesterday was cold and rainy...I like the rain, so I can deal. What I can't deal with is snow. RIGHT NOW. I'm sure we'll have plenty of months of it, but we barely got a week of fall/autumn. Nope. Nope NOPE Mother Nature stop it!

This better be a fluke. That's all I have to say about that.

Anyways, enough of the ranting and raving - nothing I can do to change the weather...wouldn't it be cool if I could though?...

Thanks for all of your nice comments on Monday when I was feeling down. They made me smile. Unfortunately, I wish I could report that the week turned out better. Not really...and not just counting the snow.

I got my hair done yesterday, something I love to do, and it definitely turned out bad. This rarely happens. I was going to do a whole post on my new hair (because I know you all care so much), but I am so upset about it, nope. No new post.

I was ready for that "fall" low-light coloring. Back to brunette if you will, but I still wanted some of my blond to peek through. So mainly, weave some dark in there. What do I have now? Dark roots and it fades to all blond on the bottom. Basically look like trailer trash in my opinion. I like the "melt," I do. But on me, well it doesn't look good..especially like this. So I should just have her fix it, but my girl kind of scares me sometime hahaha... whoops. So I might have my good friend fix it. I just want some more dark weaved on the bottom and it will be all solved. I wish I could just do it myself, but the world doesn't work that way does it??

I guess the whole week hasn't been that terrible. I've spent a lot of time with good friends lately, and good friends are worth smiling about in my opinion.

You want to make the most of your time on earth I think. So sitting there feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to get you anywhere. I've really learned that this week. Even though it hasn't been the best of all weeks, it's one week. It's one week I've learned a lot. I need to go after my dreams and do what I love to do.

Sadly, a life was lost yesterday...and an amazing one at that: Steve Jobs. 
I think this man truly changed technology. And if you have anything by Apple, you know what I'm talking about.

He also said if you have a dream...follow it. And you should always do what you love. I think the world lost an amazing person; least he left a mark on it.

Here are some quotes by Steve:

"The most compelling reason for most people to buy a computer for the home will be to link it into a nationwide communications network. We're just in the beginning stages of what will be a truly remarkable breakthrough for most people--as remarkable as the telephone."


"Picasso had a saying: 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas...I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians, poets, artists, zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world."

"[Y]ou can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something -- your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish."

"My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other's kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That's how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person, they're done by a team of people."
My favorite
You will be remembered; admired. You brought life to our desks, to our ears, and in our hands. Thank you Steve, thank you for your courage in fighting the ongoing battle of life so heroically.
Here are some other quotes, because if you haven't been able to tell already, I LOVE QUOTES:
Have a great day!! I know I'm so excited for Vampire Diaries tonight; sad I look forward to that all week...hmm..do I need to get a life? Yup probably.

xo.

21 comments:

  1. I was just going to write my post for tomorrow on this same thing (the utah part). Because I am absolutely disgusted. UCk. It's days like these that make me question why I live here. haha! I don't mind cold... but I hate snow unless it's in December. So now I'm either ornery, or thinking it's almost Christmas. Neither of those emotions is ok. (sorry to let my crazies out at you...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - it might be untimely, but it sure is beautiful! Let's trade states. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, umm I love YOUR blog.. I just got done reading this last post and I love it!! I'm originally from UTah.. HEber to be exacto and umm yes the winters SUCK there!! I'm so sorry that it hit so early! :( On a second note.. I didn't know that Steve died. Sadness.. i am actually on "Lola Mac" {my macbook} as we speak..type..Apple is theeee best! I love your quotes and you my friend are adorable! Super stoked to be your newest follower!!! Try and keep your chin up about the snow xoxox

    and Thanks for your comment ur so sweet!

    Pieces of Luv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow snow! I'm a little jealous! I grew up in Lake Tahoe and I LOVE skiing. But we don't get any snow where we live now :-(
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CANNOT believe you got snow. That in unfathomable to me!!! Stay warm deary and I hope fall will visit you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. Snow.... In OCTOBER!? That makes me so dad for you! Autumn is my favorite season so I know how crappy I'd feel if the weather decided to not acknowledge it. Bummmer.. In Illinois our weather is doing flip flops too.. It frosted a few days ago and today it was 86 degrees.. Kinda nuts, isn't it? Also.. Sorry your hair didn't turn out how you pictured it. I know the feeling and it sucks so bad. I always feel kinda helpless and feel bad asking the girl to fix it so I go somewhere else to get it fixed. Hope you can get it to look just how you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so crazy! My husband and I are huge snowboarders, so this would just excite me! Too bad we're in Arizona.

    Your blog is so cute, i'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That is crazy about the weather!

    PS: I loved reading these quotes. He was truly a remarkable man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep hearing about that unwelcomed snow in Utah..You can send it over here if you like!!!! Yup! I'll take it!

    And yeah, Steve Jobs was soo cool!


    Janette the Jongleur


    PS. Thanks for commenting on my blog and for saying you liked it! Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, I love Utah and the snow that comes with it!!!! AMAZING. Im' sorry you don't like it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my....SNOW already?! Crazy. But beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeepp..snow, how insane!! I hope it goes away. Love those quotes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. we've only had autumn maybe four days here. other than that, it's been HOT as mess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like it's FREEZING outside near you. At least the snow looks really pretty :)

    I was very sad to hear about Steve Jobs passing as well. He made a HUGE impact on our world and it's sad to see him go. Goes to show you that all the money in the world can not buy you health.

    Oh, and I missed Vampire Diaries because of class so that means you can't blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you poor thing! Even up here in Canada we haven't had any of the s-word stuff yet! (knock on wood) ... It does look nice, but I hope it melts away soon so you can enjoy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snow??! It is 80 degrees here in OCTOBER, and you have snow?! LUCKY. Can I come visit you? Sheesh.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I know you hate the snow and I agree it is WAAAY too early for that, BUT.... it does look beautiful. Like, breath-takingly gorgeous. Living in Minnesota is the worst for snow, so beware if you ever plan a visit! I'm sure that weather will be hitting us any day now. And I'm sorry about your hair- I know the feeling. I used to work at a salon and that was awful if my hair got ruined, because it was my co-workers who did it, so telling them I didn't like it was rough. Anyway, I hope you can get it fixed and manage to enjoy your weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi love!
    i cant wait to swap
    buttons with you <3

    let me know when you have it done



    fly with me ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness that its snowing! Wow! & oh noo I hate when that happens to your hair :( :( Whit is JUST the same as you lol we both had ours done yesterday but it still looks like Whitney has got roots. RIdiculous! she rang them & complained so we;ll see what happens...

    M

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG SERIOUSLY?! I feel so bad for u! It's still 70 here in PA! U need at least a month of fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe that it is snowing there!!! What happened to fall?!

    & I definitely admire Steve Jobs...he did so many wonderful things. He will be missed. :(

    ReplyDelete