Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Good One

So I must say, there are still good ones out there for the taking!! You date and you date, and at first they act like "Prince Charming" but then it all changes, and in my case usually...drastically!! They aren't the person I started liking. But through all that, hopefully you don't lose sight of "fate" and real "love." They always say people come into your life when you least expect them too; I hadn't always believed that until now.

The guy I like, is one of those finds. I am not going to sit here and say we're going to end up together, and blah blah blah...but for right now, it's looking really good.

We were supposed to hang out yesterday, just a casual relaxing movie watching date...but I started feeling really sick. I'm pretty sure now that I have either a really bad cold, or the flu (still feeling horrible today). I got a fever yesterday, chills, achy = FLU. So I had to cancel. Some guys would probably be irritated, and I didn't know if he would or not. I haven't seen him in a week and he was out of town last weekend, so I was kind of nervous about rescheduling. He didn't care at all, well cared about not seeing me, but just wanted me to feel better. He got off work and I asked what he was going to do, after asking about me ten million times, he said probably just relax with his dogs and watch a movie/read.

So I go take a shower, when I get out, I see that he had texted me. The text said: Jess, go look on your porch. Hope you feel better :)

That was 15 minutes prior so, I thought maybe he was outside, and being a girl I was embarrassed as to how I looked at the moment! So I told my mom to go look...when she replied, "Jess, you need to come see this," I raced down the stairs almost breaking my ankle. Whoops.

On the porch was Porcupine (my favorite restaurant - with the best chicken noodle soup ever), Pink tulips, my favorite candy, and two Red-Box movies.
How sweet is that? Guys don't normally do that. And he wanted nothing in return. Didn't even ring the doorbell (except my mom did say she saw him running down my long driveway haha).

The kind selfless gesture made me like him even more, and it made me smile. And I said to myself. Wow. There are still some good ones out there.

Guess it was worth the wait and the bad ones eh?

9 comments:

  1. wow love!
    you are a very lucky girl
    =D you don't find those everyday
    i hope everything works out for you!

    wish you nothing but the best

    xoxo
    Melina
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. That is the sweetest thing ever! :] Definitely worth the wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww yay jess!! finally!!! you deserve a guy to treat you like that :) soooo freaking sweet!! i hope it only gets better, and when it does, lets do a double date! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melt my heart!! What a sweet heart! You are SO lucky :) He's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I hope you get feeling better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetheart! :) I love Sour Patch Kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that's so sweet. You definitely found a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so incredibly sweet! I am glad to hear you found a great guy! They wait is worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I could think was AWWWWWHHHHH. He's a keeper. *nods*

    ReplyDelete