Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo

Hello hello my friends! How are you? I'm splendid actually. Every day has been so beautiful in Utah; however, Saturday a huge storm blows in and with that we get snow. So my positive outlook might shift slightly that day!

Anyways, the point of this post is about National Novel Writing Month. Have any of you heard about it? I mentioned it in my last post, but I want to talk about it more because I'm actually doing it.
At first I thought I'd just start a new novel from scratch, but it was as if all my brilliant and creative ideas were sucked right out of my head!! So, sitting there last night, I decided to finish the novel that I started a year ago. I could never get it done, so this way, I have motivation I most likely wouldn't have otherwise. They tell you not to edit and that's it's about "quantity" not "quality." That kind of sucks, because if this is my real story, then I want to do it right. But I guess I could think of it as a "first draft" then go back and edit it like crazy!! But this way i'll actually finish it for the most part. I've been waiting for the chance, so it's being presented to me on a platter of diamonds ;)

Are any of you doing it? If so, talk to me about it! Email, or write comments here. And find me on NaNoWriMo - Opa12 is what you should search. Don't know why I did that name...guess I don't want the whole nation knowing me! What I will say is though, that I am not going to give out the title of my novel yet - It will be abbreviated for obvious reasons. It's still a really big secret. I look at NaNoWriMo as something you do for yourself, more than anyone else. That's what I intend to do.

Writing really is a way I express myself, which I so commonly say on my writing blog: The Written Word. I love everything about it and I knew it was something I wanted to do at the mere age of 5. I wrote my first book, that wasn't any good mind you, at age 9. I still have it; it's rather cute if I do say so myself. Then came reading, reading, oh and more reading. I became obsessed. I think reading truly does help you as a writer, because you see all types of genre and the way other author's write which can completely help you in the writing process!

I would love to get my novels out there, even if I had one person read it and like it, I would take that as a huge compliment (I'm not talking about my family - but even them...yes, I would like that). To be a published author would be a dream come true!! And I believe it will happen; how about that for positive thinking?? Oh yea!

So enough about writing (even though that was originally what this post was about), guess what I did on Tuesday? I went on a legit ghost tour around Utah. Yes, it was a little cheesy, and I was bummed we couldn't exactly go into the places...but I had the "ghost meter" and it kept going off at the graveyard. Pretty scary if you ask me!
I am now Jess the Ghost Hunter...look for my new TV Series on A&E this winter ha. 
Well enough about the spooks...I'm so ready for Turkey day!! How I love Thanksgiving :) Love getting with the family and eating delicious food *pumpkin pie & cranberries & sweet potatoes*

Yea that's right. I LOVE FOOD! And proud of it. Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! I have to say it, but I cannot wait for Vampire Diaries tonight!! We are going way back when:
Rebekah is in fact beautiful, but she annoys me!! 
There better be at least one good Delena scene, no scratch that, there better be 10 because there was ZILCH - ZERO in the last episode. I wanted to cry ha. Yes, sad I know.

xo.

6 comments:

  1. How did I miss your bloggy make over?? It looks GREAT :)
    And I think that is SO amazing your write novels! Like WOW! I'd totally read one sometime!
    And I'm so sad about the storm this weekend! I'm assuming the snow will actually stick compared to Tuesday's snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to participate. I'll look into it for sure. I love to write but I don't have any ideas at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ghost hunt tour thing sounds like so much fun! :] Also, I love this NaNoWriMo. Does this mean we have a way of reading your novel?! Or is it just a good motivator to you for getting it done? Either way it's awesome! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ghost tours!!! How fun! :) I have never seen one where they give out a ghost meter! NEAT!

    GOOD luck with your novel...I know it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete