Thursday, December 8, 2011

Imagine

I was going to write some long Christmas post because I haven't in a few days, but because tragedy hit today, I just cannot.

It's so sad that during such a festive, and what should be joyous family time, life was taken today in such an unholy circumstance. Today two people: a police officer and student were shot in what was another Virginia Tech shooting. It just hurts my heart that people feel the need to result in this type of violence. I'm so sorry that you are unhappy, but don't take these people's lives away from them! It's so unfair.

This is the time we need to be giving to others and help one another. So reach out to someone today; share a loving hand and make someone smile. You never know what a smile can bring, or a simple "hello."

There are people going crazy in the stores, but people need to stop and open there eyes: it isn't about the presents, it's about so much more. And I wish others could remember that.

Yesterday we had December 7th, which was the memorial of Pearl Harbor. We remember all those poor souls that died that day, and I sit here and wonder, if hatred and war will ever truly end.
Today is the day that John Lennon was shot and killed. A man who was only trying to bring peace through his words. It's been 31 years today, yet he's still remembered. Here is a link that talks more about that horrible day: Dec 8th, John Lennon Shot 1980.

Maybe through this tragedy, people will stop today and re-evaluate life a little bit more carefully and realize what we are truly doing here on earth.
May they rest in peace. 
My thoughts and prayers go to all those at Virginia Tech. 

Now I wanted to put the IMAGINE lyrics, because this song should be remembered, especially on a day just like today:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

3 comments:

  1. my cousins were just reading the news about this. Whats wrong with this
    people!!! Just crazy how in two
    seconds they take someone's life
    away like that. If you having problems don't take it out on everyone else ... they did NOTHING
    to you.


    i am so pissed :(



    xoxo
    ♥ Melina
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been at work today and this is the first that I am reading about it. This breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also the first I have heard of the terrible news. Thank you for informing us!!! I hate to hear that people choose to make such selfish decisions in their lives. It hurts my heart to think that people are so willing to hurt others.

    ReplyDelete