Monday, December 19, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!

It's almost here. The BIG day. Ah! I feel like I have so much to do this week, it's almost unreal. I am most likely going to finish all of my shopping today - but that doesn't mean my week dies down at all. Nope not at all. I am excited though, because tomorrow night I'm going to the musical: Jesus Christ Superstar!! I love that production, and then of course X-mas Eve I'm going to the Nutcracker :)
I actually have always loved Nutcrackers, and we started a new tradition last year, in buying one. So I hope we buy another one this year at the showing.
I'm just hoping that it's going to snow for Christmas. The weather has been so foggy and disgusting lately, so having the snow will really clean our air out. Plus, having a "white Christmas" is something I long for every year. I just looked at the 10-day weather forecast though...said that this Wednesday is supposed to snow, and X-mas eve is cloudy, and Christmas is sunny. I don't mind having a sunny Christmas, just wish on Christmas Eve it would snow...a lot! Boo.

Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I really want to see Hugo, Sherlock Holmes...hmm what else is out? War Horse looks good. Wait, anyone who has seen Hugo, what in the world is it about? Looks intriguing, but I cannot figure it out. Maybe that's the appeal of it all.

I went up to Park City on Saturday with a good friend, sometimes I almost forget how much I love it up there. It just reminds me so much of being a child; my dad would always come visit from Texas and take me up there. He'd take me to the Christmas store...where it's Christmas 24/7 :) Miss those days sometimes.
Please snow!!
Just so excited for Christmas. And not to sound like a "Debby Downer," but I feel like after Christmas, things aren't as exciting (especially holidays). New Years is one thing, that's a lot of fun especially because we are moving into 2012 woot (hopefully the world doesn't end huh?) but then Utah has it's long grey winters, and nothing that exciting happens. I love springtime, but it takes forever to get to Utah, if we have it at all. 

But until then, I can still look at Christmas pictures, listen to music, read books, watch movies, and definitely eat a lot of Christmas cookies because it's like a bakery in this house!
Look at this awesome cake! I mean, I can make some beautiful desserts...but not like this my friends! 
Beautiful holiday decor for the house. 
I also have a fascination with stockings. I like to see how families always do them. If they are traditional, or unique for their family. We have a bunch at my house, even more my cat ;) And at my dad's house, they are amazing because my step-mom hand stitched all of them. I'll have to take a picture of them sometime.
 What are some of your holiday traditions??

Because my Christmas Eve goes like this:

  • Go to the Nutcracker
  • Olive Garden
  • Look at lights
  • Open 1 gift (always pajamas) 
  • A Christmas Story movie
  • Read "Night Before Christmas" and "The Nativity.
  • Leave out cookies ;)
  • And go to bed, wake up and have Christmas morning. 
Of course things will be different this year. We don't have Greg anymore, so it's time to make new traditions. But it will be fun to have the whole family come over on X-mas Eve and to watch movies, have soup, etc. 

It's cute because last year, I filled my mom's stocking when she was in bed. I felt as though I was taking care of her. She had so much to do with my dying step-father, and still made Christmas special. So I'm going to do that again this year. It's time to take care of her and meet her needs. She's the most incredible person in my life and she needs to start being recognized for it. 

Happy Monday!!

7 comments:

  1. The nutcracker? How fun!
    After reading this post I really, really want to watch Sherlock Holmes and go to park city! :)
    And sadly, I don't think we'll be getting a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Christmas eve! :) I'm getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god how exiting!
    you going to have so much fun
    on Christmas day!


    all the decorations are
    so cute.. i love the gold
    and white centerpiece with
    the candles .. so elegant



    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh... I like the idea of filling your moms stocking. I think I need to do that this year. :) thanks for the idea!
    Which nutcracker are you seeing?? I saw ballet west's and if was beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a white Christmas!....in the desert?! Probably not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it's so close already!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like your Christmas Eve is going to be so full of fun! I hope you enjoy every minute of it! :D

    I used to love seeing The Nutcracker as a child...sadly, we haven't had a production nearby in a long time! :(

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete