Friday, December 2, 2011

Tis' the Season

Well it's here...my favorite month EVER! Yes, my favorite holiday hands down is Christmas. I'm rather obsessed actually. I was going to do a post yesterday, but was too busy decorating my house :) It looks fantastic. And I'm about to go put ornaments; I'll definitely take pictures of the house once we're all the way finished with it.

How do you like the new layout? I think it looks rather festive!

So Pinterest really is so good at finding wonderful pictures, especially for Christmas!! I love getting ideas for holiday treats, gifts, etc.

Here are some lovely Christmas pictures from my Pinterest:
I really want to get in the holiday spirit, even though I'm sad this is the first year Greg hasn't been able to be here to share it with us. But we can make new memories, and new traditions. Life goes on right? It's also fun dating someone during this time, because Christmas holiday dates...um yea, FUN!! I want to go on a sleigh ride. That's really high up there, and go look at the lights. Plus Utah gets a lot of snow, so we don't need to worry about Christmas without our beautiful Winter Wonderland!!

Baking is always something we do every single year. We make so many Greek cookies, and other types of cookies to give out as gifts. I really am excited!!

I started December 1st off right too: watched The Santa Claus with my mom. That movie just brings back so many wonderful memories...and I know there are so many more movies to come!!

This season is about the holiday spirt, memories, family, love, friends, etc. And I cannot wait to start it up.
In other news, my brother Landon got his hand surgery and it took 7 screws in his hand. I played mommy for the past two days and I was really worried about him. But he's doing well!! My brothers also met Will and really liked him, and that's really huge for me. I want my family and friends to approve before I get serious with a guy. They'll be honest, and that's what I need!!

Utah had some really heavy winds yesterday - it was rather scary. About 10.000 people are still without power in their homes...I hope it comes back soon!! Today is pretty, but I heard snow is on its way, which I love for THIS month and January...then I wish it would just go away!!

I also decided I'm going to spend this month WRITING. I really need to get serious about it, and luckily Will writes a lot as well, so that helps things!! We can make each other accomplish goals. I need that extra little push.

I hope everyone has a wonderful first holiday weekend :) xo.

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the family approving of the boyfriend, it's HUGE for me too! Those nails that you posted are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background layout! It looks amazing, as does all the photos, they really put me back into the decorating mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun Pinterest pictures!! This really is such a wonderful time of year!! :] And I'm loving your Christmas layout!! Happy December to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new layout. Perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new layout..so cute! I can't wait to see your decorations! I am glad that it all went well with the family meeting your new man..and that the surgery went well for your brother!

    Ha ha Christmas dates...I wrote about that on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is my favorite time of year, too! Whoa! So many cute pinterest finds...love the festive fingernails! :D

    So glad your bro is doing well, and good luck with the new bf introductions! :)

    Happy December, friend!!

    ReplyDelete