Monday, January 30, 2012

An Angel Above

I would love to sit here and tell you all about my amazing weekend, (because it was amazing), but I find that I cannot. Not with the tragedy that happened yesterday.

Yesterday, a new member of my sorority Pi Beta Phi died. She was only 18.

She was skiing and when she was on the chair-lift, she had a seizure and fell off. She died half an hour later. She must've fallen over 75 ft.

My sorority is in a state of shock right now, and I wish I could do something to help them. All I can give is my loving support to my sisters. For that is what they gave me when my step-father was dying and at his funeral, they all came and it touched my heart.

A lot of people don't understand what a sorority is, and to that, I'm sorry. Everyone should experience that type of bond - for it is something I will treasure always.

"Sisterhood is many things. It's a warm smile on a cold and rainy day, a friendly hug, a cheerful hello... It's all that a good and lasting friendship is, only better. It's treasured. It's sacred. It's knowing that there will always be someone there for you. It's dreams shared, and goals achieved. It's counting on others and being counted on. It is real."

I don't have the answers, all I can say is life is short. We never know when our final moment is arriving. Never take life for granted, or those in your life. Tell people you love them...constantly. Be thankful for the life you have. 

‎"It is not length of life, but depth of life." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't sweat the small things. Live each day as if it were your last. Make a difference. Help someone in need. Give, always give to others. Did I mention be grateful already? Love everything and everyone. Always make up quickly after a fight - you may not get that second chance. See the beauty that surrounds you. 

Live. 

A-

My heart goes out to you my sweet angel. Please watch over and guide the others through this hard time. You will always be remembered, not forgotten. May your memory be eternal. Sleep. RIP.
"Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."     

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear! My heart goes out to Pi Phi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your sorority sister :( My prayers are with you hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just broke my heart into a million pieces. I wish you and your sisters comfort in the coming days.

    ~ Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that you're amidst such devastating news. A young woman dying is such a tragedy, I'm so sorry to read that you're facing it full force.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a horrible way to go! I hope she didn't suffer :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this seriously made my smile turn the other way :( i am so sorry to hear this. I wish i can give you a hug right now :( I am glad you all have each other for support and comfort.



    xoxo
    MELINA ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete