Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Find Your Purpose: Unlock It!

Well as readers of my blog know, I'm a huge book nerd! I love books more than anything...well besides writing that is. I love the book series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. She's a very talented writer, and I notice I write a little bit with her style. Maybe that's the connection. Also, one of her characters, Jace Wayland, is probably the hottest fictional character in a book novel (my opinion). I'm so happy that the 5th book in the series, had the new cover revealed today. I had to show it because I'm such a dork and because it's Jace and Clary on the cover...ahhh!!
They are going to make it into a movie (still I hope), and even though I'm really not happy with the Jace they picked (Jamie Campbell Bower...wanted Alex Pettyfer), I'm thrilled with the Clary who is Lily Collins.
Beautiful!!
Cassandra Clare also has a Prequel series to the Mortal Instruments called The Infernal Devices. The novels out are Clockwork Angel & Clockwork Prince. Her writing seriously gains talent with each novel, and I'm very impressed.

Another author I'm impressed by, is Amanda Hocking. I spoke with her when she wasn't a big deal at all. Her novels were...eh, and she had a lot to learn, but I admire her because no publisher would publish her many books, so instead, she self-published and sold her books for a dollar on Amazon Kindle. Now she makes more than a lot of people and publishers were fighting for her. I have all her original books, but now they re-did most of them to make them look more "presentable" I guess. I hope that her being in the industry doesn't change her character, because I really looked up to her that she was so different and really followed to what she loved. I'm really excited for her new book called Wake as well.
It's just cool I have like four emails from her, and now she's so huge in the writing world! Her new book the Watersong Novels, looks a lot like what I was writing...makes me nervous. But each author has their own tale right? I always have so many ideas, but putting it down is harder for me for some reason. I feel like my writing skill isn't where I want to be yet, but I guess I just need to keep writing.

That was actually a New Years Resolution: to write more. My boy definitely helps me with that goal because he's a writer as well. And my best friend Mary too! Sometimes you just need to find the time to do what you love; that's how you accomplish your goals.

I'm big with writing Children's Novels as well again too, so I need to get more books on their level and write for them. I love Ella Enchanted, it was one of the first books I ever read and it was just so...magical. It's what first pulled me into the trance of Fantasy Fiction, which is something I'll most likely be writing. Then of course the Harry Potter series took off, and look at J.K Rowling now. Her story always amazes me...truly. She is my idol hands down and Dr. Seuss because he opened the imagination which is something I want to expand not only in books, but in my classroom someday. A dream of mine would be to be a kindergarten or first grade teacher (still trying to find a job), and to have my novels in my classroom. How amazing would that truly be? It can be scary to expose yourself in such a manner, but it's worth it in the end.

I saw Hugo the other day, and it really made me feel like I need to keep going after my goals. Have any of you seen it? I loved it, absolutely loved it. I loved the concept that we are all pieces in the ultimate machine (life), and we all have a part...a purpose. And if you aren't fulfilling that job, then you are "broken."

Favorite Quote:
  • Hugo Cabret: I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. 
Find your purpose - unlock it

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to start reading this series! Didn't know they were planning to make it into a movie! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog!!! following you now.. hope you could visit my blog too.. kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, you are SO cute. I just found your blog through someone else. I need to read more for fun. I get stuck in a rut with my textbooks. These are awesome recommendations!

    ReplyDelete