Thursday, January 19, 2012

For Those Who Can't

So when I was at Zumba last night, my teacher Sarah (who is amazing by the way), mentioned they are having a Zumbathon in SLC UT to find the cure for ALS. Of course this hit home for me; anyone who has read my blog, knows my step-father Greg passed away last April to this horrific disease. I think anyone who likes Zumba, should do this charity or at least donate money! Too many people die from this, and we need to find a cure - someday, I hope.
Here is the link to the video which talks about this wonderful charity event: Zumbathon Augie's Quest
This is beyond important and needs to be spread around! Let's help in anyway, shape, or form that we can! PLEASE.

I haven't written for a week, but I forgot to share this cute picture from Monday:
From my cute boyfriend on our first anniversary...I got lucky. 
He just treats me so well, and it's so exciting to think of a future with someone. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself, but this is the first REAL (I call it) relationship I've been in. It's a mature relationship...how about I put it that way. And it excites me! He's looking for his own place this weekend, and I'm going to help a lot and of course make it look cool inside. I've learned well from my step-mom who's a brilliant interior designer :) 

So does anyone have the Kindle Fire? My good friend has it, and it seems amazing. Actually reminds me of an iPad (which is something else I really want, but don't need). I have the original, smaller Kindle, and I don't think I need another one...but just wanted your opinions if you have one and love it or not!
Or should I wait and get an iPad 3 or nothing ;) 
I'm getting back into writing lately, and it feels so good. I got bummed because I didn't get the teaching job I wanted; so writing is something I'm really focusing on. I'm even thinking about going back to Grad School to get licensed as a public school teacher which I think would open up a lot more opportunities.

Tonight I'm going to Layla's, a Mediterranean restaurant with all the women in my family. Cannot wait for hummus and flatbread!! I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

PS: Beauty & the Beast was amazing to see on the big screen in 3D!! Next on the list is to see War Horse because I heard it was amazing! And...Titanic, Star Wars...what else is coming out???

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sweet guy! :) SO happy for you hun. Sorry about the teaching job...something good will come along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet of him!
    that bouquet looks really cute


    oh god i wish i lived close
    to you! i love zumba classes..
    i always take them at LA Fitness




    By the way love re you familiar
    with SOPA & PIPA?
    It will affect us bloggers =( If
    you want to read more about it
    Click Here
    Take Action NOW ♥

    xoxo
    Melina ♥

    ReplyDelete