Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012
Is finally here!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve!! Because I sure did, especially because I got a wonderful New Years kiss from my sweetie (which I haven't truly gotten in years). I was with great friends, family, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend the holiday and the holiday seasons. 

The last year has definitely been a roller coaster; I had the bad with the good, the worst was losing Greg. The best was finding myself throughout all of this. With that I realized what I wanted to accomplish in this world: teaching and writing. I expressed myself in a healthy way that truly helped with the healing process. I became more positive about the here and now and with that I somewhat became "alive" again. Before that, I just lived each moment with my head down, just wanting to get it over with. I'm so happy that that part of me is finally gone. Through the darkness I saw the light again and I now know, that I can get through ANYTHING. There is always that light at the end of the tunnel, and the silver lining that comes with it. I made new friends, spent time with old ones, and found the most amazing guy that's been in front of me for 5 years and I didn't even realize what we could have together. He always tells me, that we had to go through all the bad to get where we are now, and I truly agree with that. I am finally in a real, and mature relationship, whereas before I spent so much time trying to find what I truly wanted in a guy and in my life. Now I know what that is, and I can totally see the difference. 

With that being said, I wouldn't be here without the love and support of my family especially my hero, my mom, and my friends. My mom really was my shining light that never left my side, and I never left hers. We needed each other, and I'm so happy that we found some type of peace within each other. Watching someone die slowly from a horrific disease such as ALS, you wonder if your life will ever be the same. I'm not sure it will, but all I know is that it's going to be a new "normal" of a life now, and that's okay. That's life. That's why we're here right? Life is always shifting, and we need to adapt to the changes it brings, even if it feels impossible. 

In this year, 2011, I grew up. I'm finally an adult at the age of 24 and I'm ready to live it to the fullest in 2012. 

Now here are some pictures...as usual ;)
Christmas Eve 
Christmas Day 2011

New Years Eve 2011
Me and my boy :)
I hope you all had an amazing New Years Eve, and I hope for the best for all of you in the upcoming new year.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, I love all your pictures from the holidays and celebrations! Loving your long, cream sweater look too! Looks like you had a wonderful time and I hope 2012 is magical for you!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that things are going so well for you!! you looks gorgeous on NYE and I loved the white sweater dress and boots you were on Christmas. Hope things continue to go up from here.

    Here is to the start of a great year :) 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey do you have a link for both you blog buttons?! I want to add your blogs under my "blogs I love" feture on my blog.
    I've wanted to for a while but am just now getting into redoing my blog. :) Email me the links and ill post them :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a GREAT holiday season. :) I saw BW's Nutcracker too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great Christmas and New Year! :) I love your Christmas Day outfit!

    I hope you have a great New Year! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete