Monday, January 23, 2012

I Am: Grateful

HAPPY MONDAY FOLKS!

I'm reading all these self-help books because they just make me feel better. If you've ever read the secret, then maybe you've heard of The Power, by the same author Rhonda Byrne. Some people think that the Law of Attraction is just a myth, and to them I say: I'm sorry. I'm not sitting here saying that if you just say "I want a million dollars," it will happen...right away that is. You still need to work for things that you want in this life, what I'm saying is the more you show love and are grateful for the things in your life, it will multiply and it will open your eyes to a whole world of possibilities. Try being grateful and showing love for everything today; your mood will heighten and you will be full of positive vibes. You cant be negative and positive at the same time...so choose! You'll see a different day completely!! I'm going to make a list of all those things I'm grateful for right now:

  • Family
  • Friends
  • Boyfriend
  • Pets
  • House
  • Car
  • Laptop
  • Camera
  • Health
  • Money
  • Environment
  • Education
  • Future
  • Creativeness 
  • Teaching
etc. You can go on and on with a list...and I usually try once a week. Sometimes things happen in your day that tip the scale...if that happens, CHANGE IT! Hurry and think of something you are thankful for and love, and it can really change your mood quickly. 

This weekend was great and I had some wonderful times with friends, and the boy. We got great food, shopped, celebrated birthdays, saw War Horse, and watched the football game (sad 49ers lost though).

What did you do this weekend?? Also, I did my hair a week ago...it's darker and a little shorter. Definitely needed (healthy to the max). Here are some pictures:
<3
Overall, great weekend, great friends who I haven't seen in a while - and yea...that's about it! I must say though, that I'm very excited about the Creative Writing class I'm taking on Wednesdays. It's 6 sessions, and I have a brilliant instructor who used to teach at Westminster University. It will be great to expand my writing skills, something I definitely need to work on. I don't know, something about writing makes me unbelievably happy. It's the way I express myself and the stories that are floating around in my mind.

MAIN GOALS: Teach children & be a published author <3 Here's hoping! 

5 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I'm loving your darker hair!
    What a fun weekend! And I totally want to start reading self help books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair definitely looks healthier!
    i need a haircut A-S-A-P



    I wanted to invite you to join
    My Valentine Card Swap♥
    Only for U.S. Residents
    Click Here

    Please help me spread the word

    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh love reading about the Law of Attraction! I totally believe in it!

    Oh and I tagged you in today post. So play along if you want :) xo

    http://loveamycakes.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, everything you said is SO true! and girl your hair looks so gorgeoussss, great decision :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! I am totally with you. Law of Attraction is real and i feel like my life has proved it to me this past year.

    PS what a great weekend you had!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete