Monday, January 16, 2012

Reflecting

I feel like I haven't been the best blogger, especially since 2012 hit!! Busy busy times. Trying to find a new job (hard), having a boyfriend for the first time in a long time, dealing with stuff from my past, writing my novel more..etc...etc.. I wish I could blog everyday, and I'm sorry I haven't been commenting as much on all of your lovely blogs! I miss all of you. I'll be better - promise!!

So I had quite the weekend, went to Jackson Hole with my group! It was so much fun: great food, cowboy bars, tubing, fancy dinners, dancing, shopping etc etc. It was ten times colder than it is in SLC though. Like it actually hurt being outside! Maybe I'm just a wimp...hmm. But today is a blizzard in Utah, so I guess we're finally getting our winter wonderland.

Here are some pictures from this weekend:
It was so nice to just get away with good friends! I need to take little vacations more often I think!! Next I definitely want to go to Sun Valley Idaho - one of my favorite places :)

So I was told I was in the City Weekly newspaper this month. They had an event at Piper Down, and I was there so yup - pictures! Cool being famous ;)
Today is actually my one month anniversary with my boyfriend. I cannot believe it's already been one month since we became official! Where does the time go? Then again we've been good friends for five years, and "dating" for three. I feel very lucky I finally found myself a good one :)

Speaking of love, I'm a dork, but my favorite couple on Vampire Diaries, Damon and Elena, finally kissed (only took 3 seasons!)
So excited, tonight I'm going to hang out with my girls: Jaussolexina (yes, it's all of our names put together...we are cool). We are going to go see...dun dun dun, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D!
I cry every time in this beautiful movie!!
I'm beyond excited; it's my top second favorite Disney movie of all time (The Little Mermaid is first). Then we are going to Porcupine - can you say chicken noodle soup?? :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Happy Martin Luther King Day! Here are some quotes, from such a wonderful man:

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.
Martin Luther King, Jr.


Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.



Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. vacations!?
    omg i need some
    looks like you had a blast
    i been wanting to go to the snow!



    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete