Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Art of Kissing

Goooood Morning!! I used to LOVE Saturday mornings as a kid. Wake up early, watch cartoons, play Nintendo, eat waffles :) So, what do you say I do that again ;) I'm the nerd who loves Nintendo it's true. The thing I should be doing instead of eating waffles, is working out...but meh, whatever!!

So I said in my last post, that all month I want to do "lovey-dovey" posts. I'm sorry for those who are against love at the moment, and don't want to hear it. But I think everyone can enjoy cute pictures, creative ideas, etc. Even if you aren't in a relationship, you should wake up everyday feeling the love around you and be grateful for what you have. Showing love to a stranger by saying hello, or asking someone how their day is going. It isn't a hard gesture, and it'll make someone's day!

Today's post is about: "The Art of Kissing"
No, I'm no expert, so don't worry...I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to "kiss properly." I solely think that depends on the two people kissing. Come on, you know you've kissed someone who...um...wasn't good at it...right? I'm not the only one! But you will have those special kisses. The ones that take your breath away. The ones that leave you wanting more? Let's just say this post is about the art of the photography used to catch these types of kisses.

Back in the day, men used to court women. It would take months before months if they even kissed the women they were "fancy" about. Nowadays, the media sells "sex." It shouldn't always be about that in my opinion. I think we need to focus on being romantic, and sharing those special moments with one another - saving certain things for the right time.

I went through and found my favorite kisses on Pinterest (the site I'm beyond obsessed with - and btw, why is Martha Stewart so amazing at everything. You'll see what I mean in the posts to come...if you don't already know it).

So please take a minute, and enjoy. If you don't have that special someone you can go kiss after this post, look forward to when you WILL be able to kiss that person. In good time. In good time. Never rush a good thing.
"Sayings"
Remember: Find A Man
"Let it Spark!"
"Forever"
"Artistic"
 "Grow Old with You"
Don't they just make you happy, especially the "Grow Old with You?" Because they sure do make me happy!! I think ideally, everyone wants to grow old with that special someone. It doesn't always work out that way, but that's what we dream about when we are little. Well..if you're a hopeless romantic like me you do!

So go ahead, your time to talk. Tell me about your first kiss, great memory kiss, one to remember, your favorite kiss, your worst kiss (funny), or send link to your own kissing pictures!!! I'm very curious. 

I'll tell you mine:
  • First kiss: Spin the bottle (game in 7th grade) - but it was to my childhood crush...so it was great. 
  • Great memory kiss: On a baseball field - love baseball...so there you go. 
  • One to remember: Kissing my past boyfriend for the first time in the rain. It was just romantic. 
  • Worst kiss: Someone in college you basically slobbered all over my face. Had to hurry back to my sorority to wash off my face...water works. And he jammed his tongue in my mouth. It was like dueling. Wasn't a fan...
*Favorite kisses: But the greatest kisses, are the ones I share with Will now. I know that's cheesy, but it's true. Every single time we kiss, I get the butterflies, and it feels like the first time. Actually one of the first times we kissed, there was a spark. Yes, we had a spark. It's kind of funny though, because we are such good friends (have been for 5 years), I remember laughing because I thought of the FRIENDS episode, where Rachel and Ross first get together, and every time he touches her butt, she starts laughing saying, "Ross' hands are on my butt!" Just funny when you're friends with someone for so long, switching over. It's not weird, just different. Different from anything I've ever had. And that in itself is amazing. I'm excited to see where our future goes, and the pictures we get of kiss. 

The Art of Kissing concludes ;) 

Stay tuned for: Valentine (love) Crafts!!! And most likely...more food!! 

Have a great weekend! xo.

9 comments:

  1. oh my god!
    i love you love you love you!
    do you have an idea how long
    i been looking for the picture
    of the guy and the girl kissing
    the one she is on her knees kissing
    down and he is looking up kissing her


    I BEEN TRYING TO TELL SEBASTIAN
    i wanted a pic like that haha
    but i couldn't find that picture


    you just made my weekend ♥



    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!
    i love you love you love you!
    do you have an idea how long
    i been looking for the picture
    of the guy and the girl kissing
    the one she is on her knees kissing
    down and he is looking up kissing her


    I BEEN TRYING TO TELL SEBASTIAN
    i wanted a pic like that haha
    but i couldn't find that picture


    you just made my weekend ♥



    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is awesomeeee! I am loving it. It's soooo true how the world had changed, and how we need to bring back the romance and do a little "courting" before you take things to the bedroom.
    Hm...my first "real" kiss was in junior high, with my ex boyfriend during a basketball game. It was drizzling outside and we ran out and hid between the buildings and had the sweetest most innocent kiss then we held hands and giggled for the rest of the game. haha
    Ohhh to be young and in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this- and all of those pictures.
    and its so true, i had good kisses and bad kisses before ben - but nothing quite like what it is now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is adorable! :) Yes I can say I have had some bad kisses... slobbering all over your face are the worst. Like they are trying to eat you or something. Goodness. ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet. I love this post and the pictures are so adorable. I love the idea of growing old with someone, but yes it is true it doesn't always work out. But even still I am and always will be a hopeless romantic.
    That love is out there somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! did you get a new blog?? i swear i used to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey lovely!
    great post :)
    would you maybe like to follow each other?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I want to travel all over the world, just to take pictures of us kissing in every city." Cute!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete