Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting Away

So life lately, well the past few years, has been anything but easy. Lately I've gotten such a headache thinking about my future. I feel like sometimes I'm suffocating in Utah. I can't move forward to where I want to be; luckily, I'm getting away to clear my head...TOMORROW!

And what better place to go, then my favorite place: Sun Valley Idaho.
Seriously, I've been a lot of places in my life, but Sun Valley is so homey and I always leave there with a smile on my face. There's always SO much to do there - whether it's skiing, ice-skating, shopping, relaxing, swimming, snow-shoeing, eating, sledding, bowling, watching a movie in the classic Opera House, etc. The food in Ketchum is amazing, the shopping is awesome (love their bookstores), and the winter activities seal the deal. I've been in the summer once before, and it definitely wasn't the same experience. I love ice-skating at the Sun Valley Lodge!! It's actually something I'm really good at.

There is so much history in this town, and every time I go, I see a movie star without fail: Jamie Lee Curtis, and last time was Greg Kinnear.
Sun Valley Serenade 
It'll be nice to get away and clear my head, so I can return to Utah and know what I want to do. Whether it's go to grad school, look at more teaching jobs here, or in another state, etc. Sometimes you just need to break away. This is LONG overdue if I do say so myself.

Also, sometimes you need to find something to fill that void in your life. I'm a very creative person, so besides focusing on writing, I was thinking of starting a project (small little business with my friend Mary), and selling/making jewelry, and crocheting!! My mom is SO amazingly talented when it comes to crocheting. She's made blankets, scarves, and hats. I would love to start getting into that and maybe making some extra cash on etsy or what not. Plus my friend Katie makes and sells unique jewelry, so I think that would be fun also!! I'll keep you posted if I do. But here is the progress I made in crocheting yesterday (beginner).
Just was practicing, but not too shabby eh?? I'm going to start a red scarf soon! Probably on the way to Sun Valley!
Anyways, that's all for today! I wont be posting till I get back, but get ready for a bunch of pictures!! Have a great rest of the week bloggers.

xo. 

3 comments:

  1. i got one thing to tell ya


    TAKE ME WITH YOU?
    PRETTY PLEASE? lol



    xoxo
    MELINA ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!!

    I’m having my first giveaway come and check it out!

    worldaccordingtoshia.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything, babe! I know what you mean about needing to get out. That's like my life story... which is why i'm always traveling. Keep in touch and check out my latest posts :)

    Passports & Prada

    Cheers! Xx
    -Summer-

    ReplyDelete