Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love Month

Hey cuties!! 

So February is considered "The Love Month" or "Single-Awareness Month." Usually in the past, I post about being single, but this year...I'm not. Two years ago I kinda liked someone, but it was a HORRIBLE Valentine's Day. The guy was awful, just awful. And then last year was good but sad because my step-father was dying. He managed to send me flowers even though he could barely move at that time. What a wonderful man. But this year I have a special someone, so I'm going to do the cheesy post...yes I am.

He's such a great guy, because instead of me and him just going out for a special evening on Valentine's Day, we are cooking and watching movies with my mom. This year is hard because it's all the "firsts" without my step-dad. I don't want her sitting there all by herself, and at first I felt bad doing that to my boyfriend (hanging with my mom), funny thing though...? It was his idea.

Usually I think V-Day is a way for people to get money. If you think about it, it's somewhat true. You don't need one special day to tell someone that you love them, and appreciate all that they do for you. That's why I like to focus on the WHOLE month.
I'm a very crafty person, so I like to make stuff. That can include cooking as well. But I've been known to make cards. That's what I do - ever since I was little, I would make birthday cards, Mother's Day cards, Christmas cards, and yes...VALENTINES. I think it makes it even more special, because you take the time to do it.

Pinterest, one of my favorite sites, really helps bring out the creative side in you!! Let's take a glance shall we?
Now lets get really creative! I love the next idea for children taking Valentines to school!
How creative and awesome is this:
Look how awesome these crayon V-day cards are (then they have a crayons)
Make a coupon book - ADORABLE
Then of course there's always BAKING!! Most of these have links to go to - cooking ;) Look how cute they are! Love the cupcake with the arrow!
Suzie's Confections: Tons of Chocolate Dipped
Shortbread Scrabble I Love You
Sweet Sensations
Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
Rice Crispy Dipped
Red Velvet Cupcakes
I love hearts!!
Do you want to go out with that special someone, or in a group? But you just don't know what to do? You don't want to do the same "dinner & a movie" type of night. WE KNOW. So look at this blog! They have tons of great date ideas!
Date Night Ideas
You never can know if this person, is the Mr. Right. But why don't you enjoy the "right now" of it all. Enjoy your time together now. But who knows...they just might be that special someone you've been waiting for.
By the way, this has absolutely nothing to do with this post, but because Thursday = Vampire Diaries day, I had to post these pictures. If you are a fan of the show and think Ian Somerhalder is the hottest guy of all time (sorry Will), then look at the Entertainment Weekly pictures they were all in!! This photo-shoot is smoldering. All I can say is, Nina Dobrev....you are one lucky, lucky lady. 
One last shout-out to my new followers!! I cannot wait to get to know you all so much better! So come say hi in this post and tell me a little bit about YOU. And do you have a special Valentine? If not, that's awesome too!!

The days up until V-day, I'm going to post other "lovey-dovey" stuff, including a special post about the man in my life. So stay tuned dear friends!! 
XOXO.

9 comments:

  1. oh god! you seriously
    made me crave sweets!

    thank your for such a sweet
    comment . i really appreciate
    the positive thoughts ...

    its been a really hard month
    for me with all this special
    dates and valentine and bla bla bla

    i love this month but not
    when i get to spend it by
    myself with him being a
    thousand miles away!



    i hope you enjoy your valentine
    this year ! i know you got
    someone thats definitely going
    to take care of you love ♥



    THANK YOUUUU ♥♥


    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love.love.love this post. Amazing food. Amazing. I am single this year. This is one of the first years I have been single. I am doing my own thing. I am going to have fun with my girlfriends. Thanks for all the inspirations. I am making treat bags for my girlfriends before we go see The Vow. Who doesn't love spending the day of love with Channing Tatum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog...I think your blog is adorable. I love the Valentine's Day ideas...now im craving sweets LOL...new follower !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have found such great ideas for V-Day! This year is going to be great for you, staying home is always the best..well most of the time! I wish I still watching Vampire Diaries. I was so obsessed the first season and then things happened and didn't watch it anymore! Those pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good Valentine's Day ideas! :] And I agree that we should celebrate this special day all month long! And remind everyone special to us that we love them! Your boyfriend is so so sweet to suggest spending the evening with your mom! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sure the three of you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! super ideas!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really, really LOVE your blog hun! it's lovely and i'm happy to have found it today! keep up the great posts, because i'll be coming back for more! hehe

    newest follower! ♥
    follow back?

    hugs, xo!
    MY BLOG* BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet guy you have there dearie! :)

    Oh dear goodness gracious...love those Vamp D studs!!! I sorta hate her right now.

    ReplyDelete